My partner and I recently stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights. The hotel is beautiful and staff were friendly and helpful. We had a room on level 4 which had a large balcony and wonderful views over Auckland and the ferry terminal.
We stay at hotels often and we expect good service when staying at 5 star hotels. (HH Gold) I point out the good things, but given we often stay at 5* hotels, I will also make observations on aspects that can be improved.
The room we had was large and comfortable. The bed was fairly soft and whilst we prefer a harder bed, it was fine. The bathroom was large with a separate bath and shower. The bathroom products were beautiful. 2 bottles of water were left in the room each day. The room also had tea/coffee making facilities. There was also 2 biscuits with the tea/coffee, however they were never replaced after we ate them on the first night.
The hotel does an evening 'turn down' service and each night left only 1 chocolate. We found this curious given we were a couple staying in the room. Is it expected that we share the chocolate? This is only very minor, but relevant as the hotel is 5*.
We would happily stay at this hotel again if back in Auckland.
We had a drink at the bar one night, and the service was excellent.
Room for improvement:
The hotel only has 2 elevators for the 7 floors of the hotel. We found ourselves waiting several minutes on many occasions for an elevator. Whilst the hotel can't do much about this, it is however annoying.
The staff service at breakfast was particularly poor. Twice we had to wait almost 5 minutes to be seated. Also on 2 occasions we had to wait several minutes for someone to come and serve us at the omelet bar etc. The food selection was great, just the service needs to be improved. Also, head out for a cafe latte, the ones at the hotel are very average.
My electronic room key failed on 3 occasions during our stay. I do not store it next to my mobile phone or other credit cards so there is no reason, that I can make out, why this occurred. Our room was right at the end of the corridor, which meant a long walk back to the lifts and down to reception on each occasion to get it recoded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand