“29 NZ$ for a day's internet!”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
United Kingdom
“29 NZ$ for a day's internet!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed here before and the hotel has much to recommend it, fantastic location, clean, high quality gym, attentive staff, good food but dear on dear 29 NZ$ for a day's internet access is an absolute rip-off. That's £14 English pounds. If that doesn't bother you please book, that alone will make me think twice about booking again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Gary H

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel’s amazing location and that our team took good care of you. In regards to Internet pricing, at Hilton Auckland we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the public areas of the hotel, and the restaurant outlets.

We hope to welcome you back to the City of Sails sometime again in the future.

Kind regards, Roger.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
JERSEYVILLE, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Try the FISH restaurant -- it was GREAT! Staff was friendly and courteous. We enjoyed a short stay as we had just come off a cruise with our ship not more than 500 ft. away from the Hotel. A great way to end a perfect vacation.

Dear Moira T

Thank you for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed the splendour of the Waitemata Harbour and glad you have fond memories of Auckland. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2013

we have stayed at the auckland hilton hotel now for over 9 years, and we are happy to say that the high quaility stanard of service has never changed, and every time we are reconised with a warm welcome. we love the amazeing swimming pool, close walking distances to number of restraunts bars and casino and to shops.

Dear Karl A

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online hotel survey and opting to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Auckland and we thank you for your continued loyalty.

I am delighted you had a memorable experience and we look forward to seeing you again on future stays.

New Zealand
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly the service has been outstanding. The staff are attentive, friendly and helpful. Had I not paid $600+ for my harbour view room I probably would rate this hotel higher but I feel this wasn't great value for money. The room was very small for this price compared to other Auckland hotels I have stayed in before. We ate at Fish restaurant and the food was very good. However after eating fish, I now have food poisoning and while I can't be certain it was from there, its very likely. We ate both lunch and dinner at this restaurant. Would I come back? Probably not. There are other better value hotels in Auckland such as The Langham.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear MonMun

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and am glad to note that the team took good care of you.

Should you wish to share any further information with me, please feel free to contact me at email roger.brantsma@hilton.com.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked The Hilton for a special weekend away and splashed out on a deluxe harbour view room without knowing that a cruise ship would be parked right next to the hotel for both days. There was no view at all other than a massive hunk of steel and a huge invasion of privacy with passengers on the ship able to look directly into rooms. The noise associated with these ships unloading is huge. No sleep ins with crashing and banging from 7am. Very disappointed paid twice as much as any other 5 star hotel in Auckland for a terrible experience. No reduction in room rate either when we voiced our concerns. Won't be staying there again.

2 Thank mareeu2017
Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for opting to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, I am disappointed your experience was marred by the cruise ships being docked beside the hotel. On a more positive note, I am pleased to advise that Ports of Auckland is moving the International Cruise Ship terminal to another location during the coming months.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The rooms are very well designed and the outlook over Auckland Harbour is superb.The staff are friendly and efficient.The meals in the restaurant are excellent although the service is extremely slow such that if you have any deadline it is best avoided.
The charges for the internet are outrageous at I think $29 a day-these should be included as hotels don't charge for hot water!We bought a SIM card for $20 from 2 degrees in Queen St close to the hotel that lasted for our whole 5 day stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert S
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Robert S

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, along with the magnificent views across Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I feel a bit curmudgeonly (because the hotel is nice), but I am sick of 5 star hotels that charge an exorbitant rate for Wifi. The cafe across the road offers it for free. There are 'boutique' hotels nearby that offer it for free.
The free Wifi in the public areas frequently didn't load.

As said, the hotel is 'nice'. Small but nice rooms. Nice enough breakfast. Lovely view from the breakfast room. The room service was great, and the tagliatelle truly the best I've ever eaten. The gym is good. Pool looked nice (not enormous) but didn't use it.

Very close to 'Euro' restaurant, which was excellent.

Two more peeves - I had a drink on my own in the bar, I was the only person in the bar not offered snacks, despite being there for an hour. Had to ask 3 times for a toothbrush.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear vicnot

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel’s services and beautiful harbour views on offer when you stayed with us on recent business travel. Thank you sharing your feedback and this has been shared with the team.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on future stays.