Hilton Auckland
US$168
US$158
The Sebel
  • Free Internet
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$157
US$151
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$181
US$173
US$291
US$221
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$162
US$151
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$114
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
Orbitz.com
US$182
US$148
2,543 results
All reviewscruise shipfish restaurantbellini barbow suitediamond memberharbor view roomnew zealandferry terminalmaritime museumwaiheke islandcorner roomrestaurants and barsfantastic locationbuffet breakfastlong flightvalet parkingsky tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly the service has been outstanding. The staff are attentive, friendly and helpful. Had I not paid $600+ for my harbour view room I probably would rate this hotel higher but I feel this wasn't great value for money. The room was very small for this price compared to other Auckland hotels I have stayed in before. We ate at Fish restaurant and the food was very good. However after eating fish, I now have food poisoning and while I can't be certain it was from there, its very likely. We ate both lunch and dinner at this restaurant. Would I come back? Probably not. There are other better value hotels in Auckland such as The Langham.

• Stayed: November 2013
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear MonMun

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and am glad to note that the team took good care of you.

Should you wish to share any further information with me, please feel free to contact me at email roger.brantsma@hilton.com.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked The Hilton for a special weekend away and splashed out on a deluxe harbour view room without knowing that a cruise ship would be parked right next to the hotel for both days. There was no view at all other than a massive hunk of steel and a huge invasion of privacy with passengers on the ship able to look directly into rooms. The noise associated with these ships unloading is huge. No sleep ins with crashing and banging from 7am. Very disappointed paid twice as much as any other 5 star hotel in Auckland for a terrible experience. No reduction in room rate either when we voiced our concerns. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank mareeu2017

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for opting to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, I am disappointed your experience was marred by the cruise ships being docked beside the hotel. On a more positive note, I am pleased to advise that Ports of Auckland is moving the International Cruise Ship terminal to another location during the coming months.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The rooms are very well designed and the outlook over Auckland Harbour is superb.The staff are friendly and efficient.The meals in the restaurant are excellent although the service is extremely slow such that if you have any deadline it is best avoided.
The charges for the internet are outrageous at I think $29 a day-these should be included as hotels don't charge for hot water!We bought a SIM card for $20 from 2 degrees in Queen St close to the hotel that lasted for our whole 5 day stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert S
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Robert S

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, along with the magnificent views across Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I feel a bit curmudgeonly (because the hotel is nice), but I am sick of 5 star hotels that charge an exorbitant rate for Wifi. The cafe across the road offers it for free. There are 'boutique' hotels nearby that offer it for free.
The free Wifi in the public areas frequently didn't load.

As said, the hotel is 'nice'. Small but nice rooms. Nice enough breakfast. Lovely view from the breakfast room. The room service was great, and the tagliatelle truly the best I've ever eaten. The gym is good. Pool looked nice (not enormous) but didn't use it.

Very close to 'Euro' restaurant, which was excellent.

Two more peeves - I had a drink on my own in the bar, I was the only person in the bar not offered snacks, despite being there for an hour. Had to ask 3 times for a toothbrush.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear vicnot

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel’s services and beautiful harbour views on offer when you stayed with us on recent business travel. Thank you sharing your feedback and this has been shared with the team.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on future stays.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed in a suite in the Hilton for the last few days in New Zealand and it was just incredible.
Overlooking the water, at the end of the wharf - the balcony looked out over a fantastic seascape with the sun shining.
It was in easy walk of the city and (of course) the rest of the Auckland water-front and the various great restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jonathan W

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed the harbour splendour from one of the spectacular suites. The hotel certainly does boast a unique location within very close proximity to both the Viaduct Village, Wynyard Quarter and Britomart.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the City of Sails sometime again in the future.