“Near the Waterfront”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The Hilton Auckland is well located for those that want waterfront views but once you have the cruise liner docked, it can be noisy and you have less privacy. The hotel staff are very friendly. The breakfast are adequate and overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Waterfront facing rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear mayurpatel75sin

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland on your business trip and for sharing on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel’s unique waterfront location.

I do apologise for the cruise ship mooring beside the hotel which blocked your view. We endeavour to inform our guests at the time of booking when there will be ships arriving; regretfully this is sometimes not possible dependent on the booking channel and guest details available at the time of reservation.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future stays. Wishing you a very Happy & Prosperous 2014.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Auckland

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The views from the rooms are fantastic! The service is fabulous. The food is delicious! The gym is first rate and the pool is unique! We highly recommend this for anyone who is visiting auckland. We esp want to recognize AJ and Ana Marie in the Fish restaurant as well as Daniel, the concierge, for making our stay special!

Room Tip: Harbor view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear MCRL2013

Thank you posting your generous review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you had a memorable experience enjoying the hotel’s stunning views and FISH restaurant.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy & Successful 2014 and we hope to see you once again in the ‘City of Sails’.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I found this hotel very good...however I also felt that the price was excessive. There are many hotels in central Auckland that do not demand this high price. I did not think the extra price warranted what we got.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear George C

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor; I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. As per the hotel’s previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, I note your comment regarding value for money which is disappointing, We aim to provide a level of service in keeping with price paid at the hotel and I am sorry that we did not achieve this.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on future stays should your travels bring you back to Auckland. Wishing you a very Happy & Successful 2014.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

there seem to be nothing but problems when it came to charging my credit card!, on check in we had to carry our 4 large suitcases up the stairs & to our rooms!!

All accommodation was pre paid & I was even told this on check in , then a few hours later I get a call to advised they have charged the c/card again!!

Free wifi can only be used in lobby area, not the rooms or the pool or breakfast area

breakfast was average for the $39 they charge

On I high note my son loved the heated pool & the chocolates each evening

good location , yes its busy when a ship pulls in , but this didnt worry us , we though it wqas great having a huge ship right out the front!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear febuary

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for your family’s frustrations regarding the inconsistencies you experienced on check-in to the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and have consequently followed up with the Front Desk team to ensure better communications moving forward.

I hope we may have an opportunity to welcome you back on future travels. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly on email roger.brantsma@hilton.com.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy & Prosperous 2014.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a great deluxe room with balcony overlooking the harbour. More noise from city and boats than we expected but fabulous location and very attentive staff. Comfy bed. Lovely bathroom. I don't know what else to say but I need to add more characters to submit this.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Lesley C

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and as per my previous correspondence acknowledging the hotel's online survey you completed, we are delighted you enjoyed the experience of our harbour view rooms and unique waterfront location.

We hope to welcome you back on future stays should you return to the ‘City of Sails’.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hilton Auckland did not stand to it's name. In fact all of my workmates who travel recommend to stay at Sofitel. it needs to raise the standard to meet inline with international expectations. I felt this needs to be reviewed internally to ensure at all times the Hilton brand customer expectations are met or exceeded. thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Mohammed K

As per my previous correspondence acknowledging your comments posted via the hotel’s online survey, I appreciate your feedback which has been shared with the team. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel as a Hilton HHonors Gold member on future visits to Auckland.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at The Hilton Hotel in Auckland pre-cruise in November. The Hotel could not be any closer to the cruise ship on embarkation day...no more that 20 feet! The hotel is perfectly situated on the Quay side with stunning views over the harbour and with dozens of restaurants and cafes well within walking distance, it make it an ideal stop-over before boarding your cruise ship. The room was comfortable with all the extras you would expect from a hotel of this standard. One downside is the wi-fi connection, although it is free in the lounge area, there is quite a hefty charge for using it in your room, I would have thought that with the cost of these rooms, they can at least given you complimentary wi-fi. If visiting Auckland again, I would consider The Hilton once more.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sludger8

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland prior your recent cruise ship vacation. I am pleased you found the hotel to your satisfaction and appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It certainly was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays should you return to the “City of Sails’.