We stayed at the Hilton Auckland for 2 nights in early December 2013. We used our debit card for pre-authorisation. We had already paid for our accommodation prior to arrival in full.
On returning home we checked our debit balance and found that the fee of $400.00 was still being held by the hotel.
We sent an email on Friday 20th Dec.to request the hold of funds to be removed and Angela [--] the assistant manager replied saying the funds should be available on Monday 23rd.
We replied to Angela on the Monday asking what the solution is to this problem of having our funds tied up. We have not had a reply from her and as of the 30/12/13 we still do not have our $400.00
This was our first stay at a Hilton hotel and it will also be our last
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand