“Great experience to stay on the pier”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The location of this hotel makes it a unique experience.
Great view, room and relaxing atmosphere.
Short walk to the finest restaurants Auckland has to offer. Will definitely return if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Believer26

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Auckland and thank you for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. The hotel certainly does boast an enviable waterfront location, whilst being in close proximity to the hub of Auckland’s entertainment precinct.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future travels. All the best for a Happy & Successful 2014.

Kind regards, Roger.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,437)

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Having travelled the world I am always pleased to go home to NZ for a holiday :) Better yet are the team at the Hilton Auckland everyone from the reception, concierge, events coordination, management, valet, security, cleaning team, kitchen team (fabulous food), and the awesome team in the bar!!! (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone!). Service beats any other Hilton in the world and I would go so far as to say any other hotel I've stayed in throughout my travels. My special thanks to the team for making my friends hens weekend one to remember!!! I will definitely return again in my next visit home

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear StewartAJ

Thank you for posting your generous review on TripAdvisor and I trust you had a memorable holiday in New Zealand. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed the experience at Hilton Auckland.

Until next time, all the very best for a Successful and Happy 2014!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

A standard Hilton hotel, conveniently located on the wharf, a few hundred meters from downtown. Rooms are large and comfortable. Nothing oustanding for breakfast, just the regular food expected for such an hotel. Lobby is quite tiny. Only one bar and one restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Equinoxe2013

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for choosing Hilton Auckland as your preferred accommodations. I am delighted you enjoyed our boutique hotel’s unique waterfront location and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back on future visits to the ‘City of Sails’.

Wishing you a very Happy & Successful 2014.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The building is designed like a cruise ship.
The view from the bar and Restaurant is to die for & our room ( deluxe harbour view) has a great view too.
Close to the city and with all mod cons we were very happy here.
Have dinner in the restaurant especially if you like fish.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear wanderingjulie

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you both had a truly memorable experience at Hilton Auckland enjoying the harbour splendour. FISH certainly does boast a unique dining experience in what is one of the best waterfront locations in Auckland and I am glad that this totally met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels and my very best wishes for a Happy 2014.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Location is very central for walking and for boat excursions. Room was large and really well-appointed, bathroom was large and had nice amenities. The bedding is WONDERFUL. Restaurant is has very good food and great harbor view. Only negatives: extra charge of wifi in the room and 1/2 hour wait for a bucket of ice.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the harbor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear julie48070

Thank you for recommending Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you both had a memorable stay, enjoying the hotel’s stunning location alongside Auckland’s Waitemata harbour.

We look forward to welcoming you back and extending our Hilton hospitality experience should you return to the ‘City of Sails’ on future travels. Wishing you both a very Happy 2014.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Auckland for 2 nights in early December 2013. We used our debit card for pre-authorisation. We had already paid for our accommodation prior to arrival in full.
On returning home we checked our debit balance and found that the fee of $400.00 was still being held by the hotel.
We sent an email on Friday 20th Dec.to request the hold of funds to be removed and Angela [--] the assistant manager replied saying the funds should be available on Monday 23rd.
We replied to Angela on the Monday asking what the solution is to this problem of having our funds tied up. We have not had a reply from her and as of the 30/12/13 we still do not have our $400.00
This was our first stay at a Hilton hotel and it will also be our last

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear KGibb0

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback.
Having noted your comments regarding the circumstances that transpired around the pre-authorisation monies being withheld over the Christmas period, I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and anxiety this caused you over the holidays.

Please feel free to contact me directly on email roger.brantsma@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance or if you wish to share any further information with me.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had the pleaure of staying for 3 nights in October 2013 and loved it all. My room was very nice with a small balcony. I had great service from when my taxi first pulled up and I was greeted - also when I checked in and checked out. Room service was great and the evening turn down service also good. The furnishings in the room were really nice and it had a large bathroom. Breakfast was great, the conference rooms and service were excellent but most of all the ambience/views over the water and location were outstanding. The food we had throughout our business event was also excellent. It is not the cheapest hotel, but good value for what you get at this star level and location. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay here agin when I am in Akld on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear HughesChristchurch

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland on your business trip to the ‘City of Sails’ and for posting your favourable review on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed the hotel’s spectacular waterfront location and overall culinary experiences.

It will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back on future travels and we look forward to seeing you again. Wishing you a very Happy & Successful 2014.