“Perfect for Cruises”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect for Cruises”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here before a cruise, and you couldn't ask for a better location. Literally 50 feet from the cruise terminal. Everything is rather white in color, but it fits the contemporary feel of the hotel. Flight arrived at 6:00 am, so we reserved a room for the prior night to be assured a place to rest upon arrival. Good idea. Walkable to all the central sights and a few good restaurants (check out Euro). No club/executive level, but you're comped a few drinks in the bar if you're Hilton Gold. Breakfast buffet was good. Some people have complained about the cruise ships blocking the views... the ships truly dock right outside your window and we got quite an eyeful of people changing in their staterooms (!). But they only stay for the day and leave by evening. Some noise to due the loading and unloading ship supplies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Molliebclyde

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland prior to your cruise ship holiday and for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am glad your stay was a memorable one, especially with such ease of transferring directly onto the ship.

I appreciate your generous feedback and concur that the hotel certainly does feature a convenient and vibrant location.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future travels.

Kind regards, Roger.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had our wedding at the property on 1 March and stayed for two nights. Every step of the way from initial wedding consultation to check out at the property was top notch.

The actual stay at the property was great. The room was fantastic and the breakfast was one of the most extensive hotel breakfasts that I have seen. We had a room overlooking the harbor and sitting outside on a deck chair watching the boats sail early in the morning was a great way to start the day.

Every staff member that I spoke to was knowledgeable and quick to help with any request that we had.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the property for a stay or for a wedding.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear KiwiCliff

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland as the venue for celebrating your nuptials and for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to welcome you all and ensure that this special occasion went off without a hitch.

We are delighted you enjoyed the experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on future Anniversary stays!

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Fantastic linen, balcony, location, view and service. I would come and stay again over any of the other accommodation I have stayed at in Auckland. Especially if at a reduced rate as our visit was. So close to britomart and the viaduct, the views of the harbour,,bliss.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jane S

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor. As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, the team and I are delighted you had a memorable experience enjoying the ambience of our unique waterfront location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels to the “City of Sails’.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here in December 2013 for one night and had a package including dinner and breakfast. Stayed in the harbour view room and enjoyed every minute, the room was nice, bed huge and the bathroom great. The most we liked the staff including at the Fish being most discrete as you expect in a 5* hotel not in your face all the time. Breakfast and dinner were wonderful, lamb is a must try at Fish. Beautiful views and we have lucky enough not to have any cruise ship to spoil them.

Room Tip: Rooms with harbour view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ela019
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Ela019

Thank you for recommending Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you both had a memorable experience, enjoying the hotel’s stunning harbour location and the ambience of FISH restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays should you return to the ‘City of Sails’.

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel by taxi and asked for a quiet room upon checkin. The room I received was right next to the elevator so I called down to ask for a different room and was told someone would be up in a minute with my new keys. So far so good! I waited for 15 minutes for someone to come with the new keys. The new room was very nice and in a quiet location.

I then went for a little evening stroll around the harbor before dinner. I went back to the hotel to have a pre-dinner drink and was planning on eating at the hotel restaurant after that. It took for ever to get served and then when I was done with my beer no one ever came to ask if I would like another or anything else. I went to the bar, asked for my bill and complained about the service. I received a curt apology, but it was clear that there was no concern by the members of staff their. After that I did not even dare try the restaurant.

I went back up to my room to research some other locations for dinner. I called down to concierge and asked Max, the person on the concierge desk, about the restaurant I was thinking of. He knew it, recommended it and gave good advice for the dress code and then ordered a taxi to take me there.

So concierge was excellent, but the bar staff were awful as was the reception.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nomolos
Dear Nomolos

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your positive comments on being a great hotel.

I wish to personally apologise for the issues you experienced on check-in and service in Bellini Bar. I can assure you that the comfort and well-being of our guests are at all times among our highest priorities and unfortunately, on this occasion our attention to detail did not reflect the optimum standards we continually strive to achieve.

I have personally reviewed your comments with the team members involved and have reiterated the importance of customer-focused service delivery and communications moving forward.

We hope you will grant us an opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality of Hilton Auckland.

New York, NY
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great location - a few blocks away from the ferry building, downtown and the harbor area - with quite a few fun restaurants and bars. I'd definitely stay here again just for the location. I didn't have the issue with the ships others mentioned.

The rooms are what you would expect - although slightly more tasteful than your typical Hilton. But all in all, decent rooms.

The building looks pretty new, and thus the lobby restaurant and bar are are in great shape. The restaurant on the second floor had a few tables overlooking the water as well, which looked nice for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the harbor with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Paulix_Troy

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us. The hotel certainly does boast an enjoyable harbour location, whilst being in very close proximity to the hub of Auckland’s entertainment and shopping precincts.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to a cruise. The location was excellent, right next to the cruise boat when we awoke on the final morning. We had no room service so cannot comment on that but we found the restaurant an bar excellent. Staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room on harbour side there is a lovely view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Christine74442

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland prior to your cruise ship holiday. I am glad your stay was a memorable one, especially with such ease of transferring directly onto the ship from the hotel. I appreciate your generous feedback and concur that the hotel certainly does feature a unique location on Princes Wharf.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the “City of Sails’ on future travels.