“Really nice stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Auckland

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Auckland
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Berkeley
“Really nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. My room, a standard king, was spacious and well furnished with a small terrace overlooking the pool. My Gold status with Hilton Honors got me a bottle of wine on arrival, turn down service, internet, and an excellent full breakfast overlooking Auckland harbor. Those added features made it a 5 star experience for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Paul0747

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and it was our pleasure to welcome you to Hilton Auckland as a HHonors Gold member. The team and I are pleased to note that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Kind regards, Roger.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Typical 5 star Hilton hotel. Situated right on the harbour, it's a great pre-cruise hotel, literally at the cruise terminal. Clean contemporary feel with excellent linen and fittings and with plenty of restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Good room service food.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DandJS

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I am pleased you had a memorable experience. The hotel most certainly does feature a unique location situated on Princes Wharf, enjoying magnificent views across the Waitemata Harbour.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here before a cruise, and you couldn't ask for a better location. Literally 50 feet from the cruise terminal. Everything is rather white in color, but it fits the contemporary feel of the hotel. Flight arrived at 6:00 am, so we reserved a room for the prior night to be assured a place to rest upon arrival. Good idea. Walkable to all the central sights and a few good restaurants (check out Euro). No club/executive level, but you're comped a few drinks in the bar if you're Hilton Gold. Breakfast buffet was good. Some people have complained about the cruise ships blocking the views... the ships truly dock right outside your window and we got quite an eyeful of people changing in their staterooms (!). But they only stay for the day and leave by evening. Some noise to due the loading and unloading ship supplies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Molliebclyde

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland prior to your cruise ship holiday and for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am glad your stay was a memorable one, especially with such ease of transferring directly onto the ship.

I appreciate your generous feedback and concur that the hotel certainly does feature a convenient and vibrant location.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future travels.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had our wedding at the property on 1 March and stayed for two nights. Every step of the way from initial wedding consultation to check out at the property was top notch.

The actual stay at the property was great. The room was fantastic and the breakfast was one of the most extensive hotel breakfasts that I have seen. We had a room overlooking the harbor and sitting outside on a deck chair watching the boats sail early in the morning was a great way to start the day.

Every staff member that I spoke to was knowledgeable and quick to help with any request that we had.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the property for a stay or for a wedding.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear KiwiCliff

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland as the venue for celebrating your nuptials and for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to welcome you all and ensure that this special occasion went off without a hitch.

We are delighted you enjoyed the experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on future Anniversary stays!

Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Fantastic linen, balcony, location, view and service. I would come and stay again over any of the other accommodation I have stayed at in Auckland. Especially if at a reduced rate as our visit was. So close to britomart and the viaduct, the views of the harbour,,bliss.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jane S

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor. As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, the team and I are delighted you had a memorable experience enjoying the ambience of our unique waterfront location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels to the “City of Sails’.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here in December 2013 for one night and had a package including dinner and breakfast. Stayed in the harbour view room and enjoyed every minute, the room was nice, bed huge and the bathroom great. The most we liked the staff including at the Fish being most discrete as you expect in a 5* hotel not in your face all the time. Breakfast and dinner were wonderful, lamb is a must try at Fish. Beautiful views and we have lucky enough not to have any cruise ship to spoil them.

Room Tip: Rooms with harbour view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ela019
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Ela019

Thank you for recommending Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you both had a memorable experience, enjoying the hotel’s stunning harbour location and the ambience of FISH restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays should you return to the ‘City of Sails’.

Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel by taxi and asked for a quiet room upon checkin. The room I received was right next to the elevator so I called down to ask for a different room and was told someone would be up in a minute with my new keys. So far so good! I waited for 15 minutes for someone to come with the new keys. The new room was very nice and in a quiet location.

I then went for a little evening stroll around the harbor before dinner. I went back to the hotel to have a pre-dinner drink and was planning on eating at the hotel restaurant after that. It took for ever to get served and then when I was done with my beer no one ever came to ask if I would like another or anything else. I went to the bar, asked for my bill and complained about the service. I received a curt apology, but it was clear that there was no concern by the members of staff their. After that I did not even dare try the restaurant.

I went back up to my room to research some other locations for dinner. I called down to concierge and asked Max, the person on the concierge desk, about the restaurant I was thinking of. He knew it, recommended it and gave good advice for the dress code and then ordered a taxi to take me there.

So concierge was excellent, but the bar staff were awful as was the reception.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nomolos
Dear Nomolos

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your positive comments on being a great hotel.

I wish to personally apologise for the issues you experienced on check-in and service in Bellini Bar. I can assure you that the comfort and well-being of our guests are at all times among our highest priorities and unfortunately, on this occasion our attention to detail did not reflect the optimum standards we continually strive to achieve.

I have personally reviewed your comments with the team members involved and have reiterated the importance of customer-focused service delivery and communications moving forward.

We hope you will grant us an opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality of Hilton Auckland.