I recently spent the weekend at the Hilton Auckland, Deluxe room on the ferry side of the hotel. The room was spacious and it looked like it had been updated (paint and carpet recently) some of the wood panelling did look older. The bed was great, extra's as I requested online came right away. The bathroom was good, water pressure only ok. The concierge Gustavo assisted me in lining up my day at the Auckland races. Bellini's bar is worth while visiting and the fellows know their wines very well. They can suggest some very nice locally sourced wines that you may not find yourself. The Obsidian red blend recommended to me was excellent. (http://www.obsidian.co.nz). I found all the staff cordial, pleasant and helpful. There are many restaurants on the pier side. I did not try the restaurant at the hotel. The hotel is wonderfully located 5 minutes from Queen St. Free wifi booths from Telecom NZ are available there. Plenty of side streets with pubs and shops. I would stay at the Hilton Auckland again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand