Our room was fine, the staff were pleasant and the location is very good. However our impressions of our stay were tarnished by the additional charges that the hotel imposes.
Firstly, the outrageous charges of $12 for an hour of internet access, and secondly the supplement of 1.5% added to your entire bill at checkout if you are paying by credit card (who doesn't?).
The cost our room at the Hilton was around $500 per night. We stayed at various motels and hotels around New Zealand this week for rates of $150 to $200 per night and not once were we charged extra for internet access or for paying by credit card.
I felt sorry for the staff at the hotel that justify these charges to numerous guests that questioned them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand