Booked a three night stay for business ($343 per night)and ended up checking out after one night and moving to the Crowne Plaza
This hotel is tired, worn and depressing. Lots of stains, chipped paint, smells etc. The rooms are noisy. The bed is overly-soft and moves easily. The bedding rides up revealing a thin, stained mattress. The bathroom seemed dirty (long hair on the tile, some other human marks on the bath). The work desk is ridiculously small. The breakfast was mixed...the fruit/smoothies were great - the hot food was bland. The eggs from the omlette-station were inedible.
I encountered long lines at the front desk at all times. Other staff members were in the background ...only one ever opened up to relieve the delays.
I am a Diamond member who has requested a quiet room on the top level. I was assigned a room opposite the elevators on the fourth floor - lots of crashing doors and chatter all (Saturday) night. There was no club lounge and no other special recognition (bottle of wine in the room perhaps?). There were some drinks vouchers but the bar was closed on my one and only night.
The front desk told me they have no plans to renovate the rooms (they are going to do the bar area soon)
I cancelled my stay and relocated to the Crowne Plaza. This is a tired property too but I booked a spacious club room on the top floor for $227 a night. I am very happy here and saving a lot of money.
This is the first time in my life I have given earning my beloved HHonors points because the hotel was not up to the standard it proclaims to be but I am just fine with my decision. The Hilton promises so much but the execution does not match the price they charge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand