“Hilton Auckland”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. Our balcony was huge and unfortunately we were there during their winter so we didn't spend time out there. There was a severe wind storm during our stay and all of our tourist activities were cancelled. We made the most of it though. The staff was amazing and we watched lots of world cup soccer in the bar with our son (17) and daughter (13). My kids knew the bartender names, concierge and bell desk people. We played cards and enjoyed the hotel. I had the best manicure ever in the mall around the corner. Bummer we couldn't explore that much but we were on a 35 day holiday and that was in the middle. We embraced it, relaxed and got ready for Queensland. We would go back to Auckland and the Hilton again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear SeattleEastside

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor and it was our pleasure to welcome you and your family to our waterfront property. I am pleased to note that the team cared for you well ensuring you had a memorable experience, even though you could not enjoy the outdoor activities you had planned.

We certainly hope to welcome you back on future travels should you return to the ‘City of Sails' for a summer holiday.

Kind regards, Roger.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,398)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having recently, visited Auckland for a combination of business and pleasure, my wife and I decided to stay at the Hilton.
We have stayed there in the past, and are MOST happy to report from the time we made our reservation, greeted at the entrance by the friendly conceirge, to the fine lady at reception, we can confidently suggest that the Hilton is well worthy as a fine hotel to stay at.
The room allocated was great, we had the 'turn down ' service and thoroughly enjoyed a restful sleep.
Now, breakfasts at The Fish..............hey you MUST have your breakfast there.
A lovely greeting from Ana Marie, fast, efficient attention from Mel....whhoaa, all in all, a most memorable breakfast, and accommodation at the Hilton.
Thanking all the team, Allan & Margaret from Cambridge.N.Z.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear AllanF369,

Thank you very much for sharing such a kind review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a most enjoyable stay with us.

I will certainly share your feedback with the team, and I will indeed thank them for making your stay with us such a memorable one.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

we stayed at the Auckland Hilton for a short break last weekend. The location is excellent and the staff were up to expectations. We would suggest that the harbour view rooms are worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Pick the harbourview room - well worth the additional cost
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Garth Y,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor, your feedback is much appreciated!

I am delighted to know that you had a nice short weekend away, and that you enjoyed the service received by the team and the location of the hotel. Our harbour view rooms do indeed offer great views offer Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Took the Dinner, bed & breakfast package. Well worth it for a special occasion. The meal was amazing and the breakfast overwhelming. The view from the room back to the city at night was stunning. Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Joy H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, and also for completing the Hotel’s survey.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the Dinner, Bed and Breakfast Package.

Thank you for highly recommending the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in a harbour view room and it was really good. Great modern hotel with modest size rooms but big enough when you are on business and spend little time there. The only downside was the pillows as they were quite tough to sleep on. The Fish restaurant had excellent food and the staff were fantastic and really knew the menu and made it a great experience. The whole staff at the Hilton were very accommodating and would definitely stay there on my next visit to Auckland.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear David S,

Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Auckland, and thank you very much for sharing you feedback on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your positive feedback on the rooms and on Fish restaurant, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the service received by our team members.

Please be informed that we do have alternative pillows available, so if you return to our hotel for a future stay we will be more than happy to supply you with your preference of pillow type,

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Auckland.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I liked my stay at the hilton. I don't know what people are saying when they say dated. I found everything pretty fresh and modern. I was disappointed that all deluxe harbor view are on the side as i was hoping they would be on the end. I would definitely want to be on the ferry station side unless i wanted total quiet and not much to look at. Location is good....close to restaurants and shopping. Stayed alone and felt safe. Called the first night about kids in the hallway knocking and saying "room service". Got a call from the manager shortly after. It was nice to know they took it seriously and checked it out. Maid service was great. Left tip for her everyday but she never took it. It was great the way she took the time to organize my stuff for me. Room was big....bathroom was enormous with a separate bath. Would not hesitate to stay there again. Keep checking prices....they went down for me. Did not eat there as prices in the hotel restaurants were high. The one complaint i would really have is the $30/day wifi....that's a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank roadtripper007Usa

Dear roadtripper007Usa,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted to learn that you had an overall pleasing experience with us; we very much appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the city of Sails!

Kind regards,

Roger.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at The Hilton. Requested interconnecting rooms and got them, along with an upgrade to the top floor because it was my wife's birthday. a delicious birthday cake was waiting in the room on our arrival. Fantastic location - always something to watch on the harbour. The friendly service was the highlight for us. Great staff across the whole spectrum of services made our stay unforgettable. Set menu dinner at Fish was awesome and our waiter organised house made chocolates as an extra treat after dinner upon finding out it was my wife's birthday. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear DJR21,

I very much enjoyed reading your detailed post on tripadvisor, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the team at the hotel made your stay even more memorable.

I hope you will bring us a visit again in the not too distant future.