Beautifully clean, bright hotel – the Bow rooms have a commanding view of the harbour and are well designed to allow for both views and light.
Saturday breakfast was a fiasco – guest queuing to be fed, put in two waiting areas to be seated. Then no cooked food – they couldn’t manage to provide eggs and bacon at the same time – one or the other – never both together. The whole circus likely caused by lack of staff in both the kitchen and the restaurant itself.
The poor duty manager was generous enough to help out the over-worked breakfast staff
Next evening a request for room service to deliver ice (the room fridge ice compartment was not cold enough to create ice) was ignored so after 15 minutes wait I went down to the bar and got my own – self-help
There two evening meals we had in the White restaurant were excellent
Overall, a beautiful hotel, in a great location – sometimes under-staffing spoiling the overall experience.
We did not get charged for the breakfast and would return should we next visit Auckland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand