My husband and I decided to spend the Christmas/New Year period in NZ and spent two nights at the Hilton on Christmas and Boxing day. We had previously stayed at the hotel so knew of its lovely location overlooking the harbour.
Our room had a great view of the harbour which was was pretty both day and night. The room was spacious with a nice balcony. Bed was very comfortable. They let you order your preferred type of pillow which I appreciate as I have neck problems. Room was spotless, aircon was good. There is a lap pool and gym. Staff are friendly and helpful, particularly the conceierge. Check in and check out was efficient.
We ate in the bar and the restaurant and the service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant meal was excellent with good produce, high quality wines and a beautiful view of the harbour. Breakfast was a buffet and OK, but a bit bland, only bain marie, nothing cooked to order.
The harbour area around the hotel is lovely for walking and now has the rental bicycles that can be booked by mobile phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand