“Great central place, friendly staff. Will definitely stay there again. Central to Vectra Arena & Kelly Tarltons” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel Parnell

Quality Hotel Parnell
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Take Shuttle Bus to Hotel as this is the first stop going there and the last stop for pick up on the way to airport and cost effective. The staff are really friendly and obliging.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vaylett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The actual stay in the hotel was good, receptionists behind the desk we very friendly and helpful. My problem was with the restaurant staff. We arrived at the restaurant at 5.10pm and I told the waitress that we had a taxi booked for 6.30pm and she said that they were very busy due to the concert down the road. I said all we were after was an entree, so she then seated us. After 20mins I asked another waiter how long it would before our entree would come out and he told me about 2 mins, so after another 10mins I spoke to the lady in charge and she told me another 2 mins. I explained to her again that we had a taxi booked and could they hurry please as the time was 6.20pm. The taxi arrived at 6.30 and we still never received our entree, I spoke to the lady incharge again and told her the taxi was here and she told me that it would wait for me and my entree will be out in a minute. I told her that I couldn't wait and then she basically blamed me for ordering the wrong entree because they were busy and it was the only entree that took the longest. We left the restaurant and went to reception and told them the story and how I was very disappointed in my experience there and how she spoke to me. Later on my return I had an appology letter under my door with a complimentry breakfast for my mum and myself. We went for breakfast and it was great, food was great and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle45566
Leicestershire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed here for our first couple of nights after flying into Auckland from UK.

Staff were very friendly, as was typical for NZ.

Room was large enough and functional, but a bit tired looking.

Some noise from other units.

Ok situation for visiting the town, but need to take bus.

Walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

They said they had room with good views so we asked for one and it was TRUE. This hotel is only a few km out the city centre and well located. The view of the harbour from our room on the 6th floor was great and the lights at night were impressive. The room was very clean and comfortable with all items we needed. The city centre was a 15 minute bus ride ($2) along Parnell Road and the bus stops were a 5 minute walk from the hotel. (Car parking in the city is restricted and expensive.) This was a good find thanks to Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Ask for a good harbour view and try the bus
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Travelled with my Mum to visit my niece and her family. Couldn't have stayed anywhere better. Apart from the fact it was opposite my great niece's school and within walking distance of lovely Parnell and the Domain, it was a really comfortable and friendly place to stay. The reception staff and the cafe staff went out of their way to make our stay a home from home. The rooms are spacious and have everything that you would need. The views from the balcony of both the 2nd floor and the 5th floor rooms that we stayed in were breathtaking and it was peaceful and quiet at night. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough and hope to have the chance to return there sometime soon.

Stayed April 2011
Hunter Valley, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed at Barrycourt for 3 nights in December in a self contained two bedroom apartment. We were very happy with our stay - the service was wonderful and help and advice was given every time we asked with a smile.
The rooms had amazing views overlooking the CBD, and were comfortable and clean. The kitchen was basic, and as with other furniture, was a bit dated. Ample parking available.
Short walk to shops in Parnell. Lovely area to stay in, and value for money.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed in both a motel style room and the larger rooms with water views in the main building. All rooms were clean and nicely decorated with good bathrooms. Some of the rooms have small kitchen facilities. The rooms with balconies and water views on the higher floors are really fun to stay in. Overall this hotel is a good option, located within 5 mins walk of the restaurants and shops of Parnell, which is a very attractive borough. Only 25 mins walk into the CBD which has great Asian food courts.

• Stayed March 2011