We regularly holiday to New Zealand and this hotel ticked all the boxes to make it an easier stay for us. We have changed from staying out west near family where we are cramped into one room, to the quest where for less money, we have two spacious bedrooms, a good sized lounge room, a kitchen with everything u need on holiday, big bathroom AND the most amazing view! We were situated on the third floor in a block that had a full view of the harbour and city. The rooms had modernish furniture and were def a little dated with the good old 70s artex ceiling, wall paper and kitchen cupboards, but the layout, features and view meant that none of that mattered. I can live with that stuff as they have refurbed the fittings in the bathroom and put it a large bath and have a flat screen tv and DVD player in the lounge. As with nearly every hotel we have stayed at in New Zealand, heating is good but not great as it takes awhile, I don't know if this room had air con as that wasn't needed while we were there-and yes nz really needs air con in summer! All beds had electric blankets tho and that kept us toasty thru the night as the heater was just a bit noisy for me and I need the door open for our two little ones. I'd love to have had a tv in the bedroom for us, yes I know ur on holiday and all that, but after a day sighting seeing, family etc and the kids have crashed, we really just want to be warm, stretch out and chill. Still the view was better than any TV. The main bedroom had two beds, so u can each stretch put and not have to share the covers! I think if we stayed here again we would ask specifically for the family room and maybe higher up this time. The family above on our last night sounded feral as their kids ran laps of the apartment at 5am! The sound proofing is good but cant withstand that. Still, ferals stay everywhere don't they, it's pot luck! As states earlier for families-perfect as the full kitchen, room, situation and above all price can't be beaten! I will do me best to add snaps but be aware they are after we've moved in so obviously it looks much cleaner each day once the cleaners have been in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell has recently completed a four year refurbishment programme and is proud of the ongoing commitment to provide quality rooms for our valued guests. The Hotel offers free onsite parking, free wireless internet, free morning newspaper, 24 hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. The Hotel does not charge a credit card surcharge. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector arena. We have a contract for exclusive taxi services from the Hotel to the Domestic and or International airports for a fixed cost of NZ$45.00. The Auckland Explorer Bus stops directly outside our Hotel on it's daily circuit. Quality Hotel Parnell Ltd is owned by the Norman F B Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Our continuing goal is to support medical research in New Zealand and also make scholarships available to young New Zealand science graduates, who are in need of financial assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand