We were in a room on the 'motel' side. It impressed us initially - I believe it's been recently renovated and it looks very nice, modern and clean. Our suite had a lounge room with a dining table and kitchenette (really needed a small couch or sofa bed instead of the out of place single bed in there!). The microwave didn't work unfortunately which we did inform reception of. There was a bathroom with dome shower and a separate bedroom with a 'king' size bed that was actually two very soft single beds joined together. This, and the heat from lack of air con unfortunately made for 3 very uncomfortable nights trying to get some sleep. There is a heater/fan but the fan is very noisy and doesn't cool the room at all so we made do with keeping windows open.
The room was serviced very well each day which we appreciated and reception staff were very friendly. The location is fantastic - simple and cheap to get the bus, or even close enough to walk into town, or Newmarket plus there are lots of yummy places to eat at on Parnell Road.
It is great value for money, but I would be hesitant to stay again as we slept so poorly. Air con would be a great investment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell has recently completed a four year refurbishment programme and is proud of the ongoing commitment to provide quality rooms for our valued guests. The Hotel offers free onsite parking, free wireless internet, free morning newspaper, 24 hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. The Hotel does not charge a credit card surcharge. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector arena. We have a contract for exclusive taxi services from the Hotel to the Domestic and or International airports for a fixed cost of NZ$45.00. The Auckland Explorer Bus stops directly outside our Hotel on it's daily circuit. Quality Hotel Parnell Ltd is owned by the Norman F B Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Our continuing goal is to support medical research in New Zealand and also make scholarships available to young New Zealand science graduates, who are in need of financial assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand