We have stayed there twice in a family suite and it cannot be faulted. It is extremely clean and they provide little extras such as milk in the fridge. We had two bedrooms and the adults bedroom had two double sized beds with loads of closet space which was great as we were there for at least a week each time. The kitchenette was well equipped and if you walked down Gladstone road there are shops ten minutes walk away to buy bread, flowers, sushi etc
The location is excellent, we could walk up to the Parnell shops easily and taxi rides from the city are cheap as it is surprisingly close to everything. Despite being almost a "city" hotel it is still really quiet. We had a lovely balcony with a superb view of the museum, sky tower and even the port. They provide completely new toiletries every day and there is even a DVD player which worked with my American dvd's. Most importantly the staff were always really nice. They always said hello and were really friendly whenever we went for breakfast in the cafe (my children really like the pancakes). I would really recommend the Parnell to anyone who wants to be really close to the city centre but still able to relax in a quiet environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell has recently completed a four year refurbishment programme and is proud of the ongoing commitment to provide quality rooms for our valued guests. The Hotel offers free onsite parking, free wireless internet, free morning newspaper, 24 hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. The Hotel does not charge a credit card surcharge. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector arena. We have a contract for exclusive taxi services from the Hotel to the Domestic and or International airports for a fixed cost of NZ$45.00. The Auckland Explorer Bus stops directly outside our Hotel on it's daily circuit. Quality Hotel Parnell Ltd is owned by the Norman F B Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Our continuing goal is to support medical research in New Zealand and also make scholarships available to young New Zealand science graduates, who are in need of financial assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand