I stayed at the Quality Hotel Parnell for five nights with two friends while in town for a triathlon in April 2014. Our modern suite had two double beds along with a living room, kitchen, and attached patio with a perfect view of the Auckland skyline and harbor. I liked that the patio had entrance doors to both the living room and bedroom and we kept the doors open most of the time with the nice weather and quiet location.
The front desk staff were very helpful in getting us settled on the first day and giving us a lay of the land in the neighborhood--where to get groceries, etc. And, housekeeping staff did a great job keeping our rooms neat and tidy. The kitchen comes with everything you need in terms of dishes/stove top supplies, and the hotel even stocks milk in the refrigerator upon arrival.
As a bonus, the hotel is on the direct route between the airport and the city, which made for easy travel to/from the airport (20 minutes in the early morning and 40 minutes in afternoon traffic). The front desk will arrange an airport transfer with Discount Taxis upon request. It's a $35 flat rate. I will definitely return here the next time I'm in Auckland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell has recently completed a four year refurbishment programme and is proud of the ongoing commitment to provide quality rooms for our valued guests. The Hotel offers free onsite parking, free wireless internet, free morning newspaper, 24 hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. The Hotel does not charge a credit card surcharge. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector arena. We have a contract for exclusive taxi services from the Hotel to the Domestic and or International airports for a fixed cost of NZ$45.00. The Auckland Explorer Bus stops directly outside our Hotel on it's daily circuit. Quality Hotel Parnell Ltd is owned by the Norman F B Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Our continuing goal is to support medical research in New Zealand and also make scholarships available to young New Zealand science graduates, who are in need of financial assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand