We had a 3 night stay at the Barrycourt in late March early April. Our family (2A, 2C - 7 & 12) booked a 2 bedroom apartment. The location is a couple of minutes drive from Auckland if you have a car, which we did. Parking is free on site, but the carparking towards the rear of the property is quite steep downhill sideways. The apartment was huge with 2 queen beds in the main bedroom and 1 double and 1 single in the second bedroom, both rooms had big built in robes and good block out curtains. The bathroom was also big, with a toilet, well lit vanity and a shower into a corner spa bath. Water pressure was good but the spa bath was deep and with no grab rail was difficult for the smaller members of our family to safely get in and out of the shower. Also there was no extraction fan and the bathroom steamed up quickly. The kitchen had a 4 burner hotplate, microwave oven, electric kettle and toaster and a fridge, no full size oven though. Limited pots and pans but a full range of crockery and cutlery. The decor was fairly new in what is an old building. The lounge had a 3 seat sofa (Bed?) and 2 armchairs, 4 seat dining setting, a flat screen tv with sky tv and DVD player. An adequate guest laundry was located on the ground floor. The hotel was fairly busy over the Easter weekend but in the room it was very quiet, with no audible traffic noise or noise from passing guests or through the walls.
I could easily recommend this to other travellers especially families, even better if you have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 105 air-conditioned rooms centrally located on 3.5 acres in the desirable residential area of Parnell. Most hotel rooms and serviced apartments have expansive views of Auckland city and harbour and 67 serviced apartments have full kitchens. The hotel offers free onsite parking, wireless internet, complimentary morning newspaper, 24-hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell Village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector Arena. Quality Hotel Parnell is owned by the Norman F.B. Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Donations are made to support the community and the advancement of Medical Research. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand