“I love staying here!”

Scenic Hotel Auckland
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Always my first choice when I need to stay somewhere central. $20 valet parking is a real plus! Staff are consistently helpful and polite and nothing is too much trouble. and probably the best hotel beds ever!!
The trade off for such a central location is, depending on what floor you are on and what side of the building, traffic and/or construction noise can be disruptive. (the higher up the better!).
Thank you Scenic Hotel Queen St. I love staying with you.

Room Tip: The upper floors seem to get less traffic and/or construction noise.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

comfortable quiet stay. Handy to everywhere in Auckland. Staff were of the best I have ever met in a hotel. Nothing was any trouble and all were helpful. The attached restaurant was also good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were in Auckland for a show at the Town Hall, so The Scenic was a great location for us. The room was comfortable and surprisingly quiet given we overlooked Queen Street. The shower could have been cleaner but otherwise all good. Priced perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I really like staying at the Airedale Scenic Hotel on Queen Street Auckland. It is handy to so many things but most of all the rooms are very well appointed. Being a former office block means that all the rooms are slightly different. they are tastefully decorated and I find it very relaxing to stay there. Staff are friendly and the place is very clean.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed here for almost a week in October 2012 for business. Location was a bit of a pain, but that was due to a triathalon being on down Queen street so access was a little hard, but that is not the hotel's fault. The lobby was bright and welcoming, however there was a lot of confusion at the check-in desk and the whole process took longer than it should as some staff seemed a little confused. I was in a party of three and found that each room was different, but my room whilst comfortable, outdated and could have used some paint. I was on a very low floor (3rd, i think). And my very large window looked out onto Queen street, which was nice, but it was very easy for people on the street to see up to my room as well and it got quite noisy at night. Overall a good stay close to where I needed to go each day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Hotel has good location, value priced, very average rooms and a staff that needs to learn how to say something other than no. Most every request, question answered with a no. Asked for a 2 pm check-out on a night that they were not full (I asked) and was told no because check-in time is 2 pm. So that's assuming the guest that was pre-blocked in my room (which is why you shouldn't pre-block every room but that's a management training issue) shows up right at 2 pm to check-in. Really? And if they did, you put them in a room that is clean and vacant. But not when you pre-block and don't wish to accommodate a fairly simple request. Speaks volumes.

Room Tip: Don't know, had a view of the back alley.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Ken M, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thanks for staying with and taking the time to share your comments, I am sorry we were unable to be more generous with your check out time, I understand your point and we do put more emphasis on checking in guests earlier, this because the most popular flight gets in at around 7AM from LA (& London) and those guests tend to be quite weary after the long flight.
We do actually have very good for stats for checking in early arrivals. Over 90% get their room straight away. I understand your point and we will try our best for both early check ins and late check out request.
kind regards Ken

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed for two nights in april and They clearly understand what's important and what's not for guests and the fact that its Kiwi owned really shines through for the rate we paid the standard was Excellent we definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013