“A home away from home”

Scenic Hotel Auckland
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I use this hotel often, nearly always for business stays. I appreciate that lights are on when I arrive (usually after dark), the rooms are all spacious and clean, the bedlinen and towels superior, and the toiletries of good quality. The lighting in all but the dining room is excellent.

The staff are unfailing helpful and welcoming. I relax here; it's not pretentious. The food, though improving, is the real weakness.

And a bonus for me, each room has a bedside radio that works and gets Radio New Zealand.

If you want an excellent value for money place to stay in Auckland, then try this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Scenic Hotel Auckland

Reviewed 11 July 2013

A very nice hotel and friendly crew , the hotel its located close to queen's st and skytower, its a very good place to stay whatever is your reason, the restaurant food is good and also has a good service,I had a nice plate of soup which was one of the best that I ever had.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here with a mate on Sat 6th July.
Easy to find and they did a cheap ($20) valet parking as well which meant I could just pull up out the front and they took the car off and parked it for me...bargain as it mean no trying to find side streets or which car parks to use which are pretty much the same price over night anyway.
Check in was easy and straight forward.
We had booked a twin room for a night out in town and I had asked for a room higher up away from any traffic noise which they duly obliged with.
The room was good with a single and a queen, not massive but we were only using it as a base but it was clean and had a decent if small bath room.
At $115 for the night, it was great value so we'll definitely use it again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. It was a special deal on 'Grab One' for $139, which included valet parking, breakfast, two free drinks at the Bar and a late checkout. The hotel is situated on Queen St near the Town Hall. Great location....easy to walk everywhere. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was at the back of the hotel, so not a great view, but a clean well laid out room with a seperate bedroom, bathroom and a kitchenette. Would make a great base for a longer stay. No bath but an excellent strong shower and really nice complimentary toiletries.
And now to the bed! OMG it was to die for. Firm but soft and cushiony on top. I had the most amazing sleep and I really did not want to get up and go down to breakfast. I have slept in many hotel beds , but I would return just to cozy up in that bed! The best part is that when I checked the hotel web site, you can buy the beds and goosedown topper pads and pillows from their online shop! I am saving up as I write this!!!! Only downside was that the TV is in the lounge area and you can't see the tv from the bed.
Breakfast was included in this deal and we decided to order room service breakfast. I thought it was really nice of the staff to call our room in the morning to check if we realised that we would have to pay full price if we had the room service breakfast or would we prefer to have the complimentary buffet. We had the buffet! A standard buffet breakfast, great to start our day.
On check out the very obliging staff stored our bags for us while we spent the day shopping and let us keep the car parked until we returned to pick it up.
The only negative comment I could make was that it took the parking guy nearly half and hour to get our car....but he apologised for the delay. All in all a great overnight experience and we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaxdan
Reviewed 29 June 2013

HI,stayed here during world tri in october 2012 we found it very handy for visiting various parts of the city and most important it was quite close to the harbour area where the tri was heldfound the staff very helpful and indeed on one morning 4.30 am a staff member went out of his way to help me get my doughter a taxi to the airport .i also have to say it was great value for 5 hights we stayed there.

Room Tip: top rooms are quite
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Definitely went beyond my expectations for a 3.5 star hotel. Lots of space, very clean, has a kitchen area and microwave, extremely friendly staff (particularly one guy named Abhishek I think), great location (so close to restaurants) and lovely view of the Sky City Tower - all at a very good price!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to a meeting across the road. The location was great (I took a reccy around Sky City in the evening) and the room very good value. It had a queen bed, kitchenette and lounge and dining areas, as well as separate bathroom. Much more generous than usual and very nicely appointed. Breakfast muesli was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business