I stayed here recently for a conference and was pleased the location, the comfort of the rooms, the food catered to our event, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.
It was easy to take the ExpressBus from the airport to Queen Street and walk two blocks to the hotel (for $16 rather than the $80 a taxi would have cost). You can also arrange a shuttle to and from the hotel for $28 each way if you're more comfortable with that. From the hotel, it's an easy walk to the harbor where you can find lots of restaurants, ferries to nearby destinations, and downtown museums and events.
It's also a short walk from the hotel to "K Street" (as it's popularly called) with inexpensive restaurants, funky shops, and interesting people.
The Rendezvous was a very good business hotel. Our group had negotiated free Internet access during our stay (otherwise, I believe you have to pay--check with the hotel for that detail), and there's a business center as well. There's also a lovely pool and exercise room as well.
I will say that there's a police/ambulance station nearby the hotel so depending on what side you're on and which floor you're in, you might hear sirens during the night. I'm a pretty sound sleeper so this doesn't bother me at all. But if you have difficulty sleeping in a hotel, you may want to ask when you check in for a room on a higher floor and on the opposite side of the hotel from the sirens!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Zealand's largest hotel located in the heart of cosmopolitan and provides impeccable service and coupled with superb facilities, such as an indoor pool, saunas, gymnasium and award-winning restaurants and bars. The hotel features 452 elegantly appointed oversized guest rooms and suites that will ensure comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Millennium Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Rendezvous Hotel
- Grand Millennium Auckland New Zealand