“Good hotel”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the first time the other day. Great experience although the service we got upon arrival, I was not too happy with. The person at the front desk was not all that accommodating, I felt like we were being an inconvenience. The person we dealt with when we checked out though, Michael was awesome. He was friendly and helpful, such a treat to speak with.

Our room was spacious and clean. Their room service menu was excellent, we especially enjoyed the deserts. Our only complaint was that no one took our finished plates and it was still outside our door when we left the room to check out.

Breakfast was good. More variety than I though I would be. Even a few drinks to choose from.

Overall great experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Roshy13,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that this was your first stay with us and that overall you enjoyed the experience.

I would like to apologise to you on behalf of the team for the fact that you felt the receptionist was not accommodating to your needs upon check-in, I know the team will be disappointed to read your comment when I share this with them.

However, I was thrilled that Mikey helped to turn your poor experience around and that your enjoyed our rooms, the room service food and breakfast the next morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland very soon.
Best regards Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed on business trip. Perfectly fine business hotel, was close to meetings so location suited. Not the newest property, but everything in spotless condition. Had a late night room service and the food was good enough and generous portion. Wi-fi free, but have to pay extra for fast service, but the free one worked just fine.

Have stayed here a few times over the years, and the best thing is they normally have cabs waiting at the entrance if you need them.

The one comment for management is that the check-in was pretty slow, although I booked & paid online, I noticed that the reception staff member had to enter all the details again from, what appeared to be a confirmation email, which took a while.

But all in all a good hotel and good value, happy to stay again.

Dear Mark P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that you found the hotel to be well located, in good condition, quality food and you were able to take advantage of the complimentary internet access.

I would like to thank you for bringing the check-out speed to my attention and I will certainly discuss this with our Front Office Team in order to speed this process up, we do offer an express check-out service, so you may wish to use this facility upon your next stay. I would like to on behalf of the team extend my apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Once again thank you for you review and your comments with regard to improvement, we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

chennai
Reviewed 27 May 2013

As usual reached the hotel before their standard check in time and they happly allowed. Room is spacious and staff are co-operative. Very close to the Queen's street and Sky city, an ideal place to stay. I was bit anoyed with the way the restaurant staff said I need to pay for break fast, while the booking says the rate is Bed and Breakfast. But the counter staff said may be by mistake she might have told and said inter departmental communication needs improvement. No news paper to room:(

Room Tip: Request for higher level rooms with city view.
Dear selvan_koilpillai,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Auckland.
We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay finding the front desk team attentive and co-operative to your requirements along with the spacious room and good location to the CBD.

I would also like to thank you for your comments with regard to where we can improve, I will certainly discuss the communication amongst both the restaurant and front desk teams, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope you will return to New Zealand in the near future and consider Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland once again

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is the 3rd time my wife and I have stayed at the Rendezvous.

The hotel location was great for our needs, which was to attend the Blues and Warriors games.

The hotel is close to the all the shops and restaurants, and both Eden Park and Mt Smart Stadium were a quick 10 and 15 minute drive from the hotel.

We had a rental car and self-parking is reasonably priced at $15.00 per night. The parking area is connected to the hotel, which is very convenient when checking in and out.

Our room was on the ninth floor. It was very spacious and clean, with a large comfy bed and excellent lounge area with a business desk. The bathroom is also spacious and clean with a separate bath and shower and a large vanity area.

It appears the rooms have been refurbished because the last time we were here the rooms were a little dated with the old style tube TV’s. Not a major issue but, the rooms now appear more modern and clean with updated flat screen TV’s.

The complementary WIFI was slow. In order to get faster WIFI you need to pay for the upgraded product.

There is a complementary gym, indoor pool and sauna on the fourth floor. The gym had a good selection of weights although the cardio equipment is getting old and could do with an upgrade.

The breakfast was reasonably priced at $21.00 per person for the continental option. There was a good selection of cereals, fresh fruit, juices, breads and pastries.

The staff especially Mikey at reception were all friendly and very helpful.

We would happily recommend the Rendezvous and we will definitely stay here again when we return to Auckland.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jbg7
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear jbg7,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we are the thrilled that you and your wife continue to stay with us, we realise you have a choice and do value your loyalty.

We were delighted to read your comments with regard to our location, the value car parking, the upgraded and refurbished rooms, gymnasium and breakfast. I have also copied Mikey from reception into your review along with my personal thanks for a job well done, thank you for letting me know.

We have had some issues with our complimentary WIFI being slower than normal, I have had our technical re-check the settings and they have now confirmed a fault has been corrected.

Once again thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was very impressed by the amazing service that this hotel's staff provides. I stay in a great deal of hotels and this one far outweighs the others in service, amenities, food and beverage choices.

The rooms are large and well designed, the bed is fantastic to sleep in, and the bath is huge :)

Keep it up Rendezvous Grand Hotel, word of mouth travels far.

Thank you for an extremely pleasurable visit.

Toni Neill

Dear Fox268,

It is a pleasure to hear from you following your recent visit to Auckland and Rendezvous Grand Hotel, thank you very much for your comments of which the team and I were thrilled to read.

The fact that you stay in many hotels gives us further satisfaction that during your stay you experienced the quality and levels of service that you expect and in your opinion is better than most.

Once again we thank you for your kind words and do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the first leg of our honeymoon.

The hotel is in a good location - it's only a short walk to restaurants and entertainment.

We were happy with the room - it was clean and quite spacious for an inner city hotel. We did notice that it was easy to hear noises from other rooms which wasn't so good late at night.

Overall we were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear mwah2,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel following your recent visit to Auckland. We were pleased to read that overall you were delighted with your stay,

I would also like to extend our apologies for the noise that you heard from other rooms late at night, and normally our rooms are exceptionally quiet and well insulated from the noise of other rooms.

Once again, thank you and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at this fantastic hotel. My son who is 5 chose the hotel for his birthday night as he had such a great experience with the staff on our previous visit as they are all so friendly toward him. On this occasion we were in Auckland to see the illusionists at the Civic Theatre as my son wanted to see the show. In our opinion the Service and the atmosphere we received was the best we have ever encountered in any of the hotels we have stayed at in New Zealand. my son was talking on the way home and surprisingly was not about the magicians he had seen the night before but about the staff in the lobby and the Doormen he had encountered at the Hotel as they made him feel like he was special. Great staff, will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: For families we recommend the rooms with twin double beds
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Michaelmalatios2409,

It is a pleasure to hear from you and Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland. We were thrilled to read of your experience and that your son chose us as his hotel of choice for his birthday, I will pass your note onto to the wider team who as I was will be delighted to learn of your experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.