“a hotel that lives up to its star rating”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed in April in a superior room with king bed and separate bath and shower. Rooms have been refurbished and very spacious so felt like we were staying very up market. Only stayed one night but looking forward next stay. A lot other central Hotels are getting tired. Would strongly recomend this hotel as you will not be disappointed.

Parking was the only issue with limited spaces available in adjacent building and then finding the way out of the parking building into the Hotel was a challenge as pedestrian exits not clearly marked.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear bryanATauranga,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were thrilled with your endorsement of our recent renovation.

Thank you also for your feedback on the car-park directional signage, I will work with our team on a solution.

Once again, thank you and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I first stayed here several months ago and the stay was not good, less than that, worse even.

BUT, I wrote my feedback and left. I received a phone call and follow up which was great.

I was convinced to stay again and it was fantastic, great service, fabulous room, and attention to detail.

I would definitely go again. What a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Gekgrl,

Thank you very much for providing us with another chance to set things right following a less than satisfactory stay on a previous occasion. Thank you also for bringing these issues to our attention, it provided us with an opportunity to take your feedback and improve. We were thrilled to see that on your most recent stay that the issues had been addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and ensuring that you enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night but this hotel was one of my favorites, and I've stayed at many. We stayed in a King Size Club room which gave us access to the club lounge which had a beautiful view, amazing food and great service. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Michelle D

Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for your review and endorsement following your recent stay with us here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland. When I read your review as part of our weekly team meeting and I could see the team gain so much satisfaction from hearing your praise with regard to service and facilities.

Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spacious and well appointed with adequately sized rooms. Very convenient for theatre and concerts. No negative aspects. Service excellent. I can't think of anything else to say, but have to fill up the 200 character minimum.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear korokoro,

Thank you for your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to comment on the value for money, excellent service and the excellent CBD location.

We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the first time the other day. Great experience although the service we got upon arrival, I was not too happy with. The person at the front desk was not all that accommodating, I felt like we were being an inconvenience. The person we dealt with when we checked out though, Michael was awesome. He was friendly and helpful, such a treat to speak with.

Our room was spacious and clean. Their room service menu was excellent, we especially enjoyed the deserts. Our only complaint was that no one took our finished plates and it was still outside our door when we left the room to check out.

Breakfast was good. More variety than I though I would be. Even a few drinks to choose from.

Overall great experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Roshy13,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that this was your first stay with us and that overall you enjoyed the experience.

I would like to apologise to you on behalf of the team for the fact that you felt the receptionist was not accommodating to your needs upon check-in, I know the team will be disappointed to read your comment when I share this with them.

However, I was thrilled that Mikey helped to turn your poor experience around and that your enjoyed our rooms, the room service food and breakfast the next morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed on business trip. Perfectly fine business hotel, was close to meetings so location suited. Not the newest property, but everything in spotless condition. Had a late night room service and the food was good enough and generous portion. Wi-fi free, but have to pay extra for fast service, but the free one worked just fine.

Have stayed here a few times over the years, and the best thing is they normally have cabs waiting at the entrance if you need them.

The one comment for management is that the check-in was pretty slow, although I booked & paid online, I noticed that the reception staff member had to enter all the details again from, what appeared to be a confirmation email, which took a while.

But all in all a good hotel and good value, happy to stay again.

Dear Mark P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were pleased to read that you found the hotel to be well located, in good condition, quality food and you were able to take advantage of the complimentary internet access.

I would like to thank you for bringing the check-out speed to my attention and I will certainly discuss this with our Front Office Team in order to speed this process up, we do offer an express check-out service, so you may wish to use this facility upon your next stay. I would like to on behalf of the team extend my apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Once again thank you for you review and your comments with regard to improvement, we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

As usual reached the hotel before their standard check in time and they happly allowed. Room is spacious and staff are co-operative. Very close to the Queen's street and Sky city, an ideal place to stay. I was bit anoyed with the way the restaurant staff said I need to pay for break fast, while the booking says the rate is Bed and Breakfast. But the counter staff said may be by mistake she might have told and said inter departmental communication needs improvement. No news paper to room:(

Room Tip: Request for higher level rooms with city view.

Dear selvan_koilpillai,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Auckland.
We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay finding the front desk team attentive and co-operative to your requirements along with the spacious room and good location to the CBD.

I would also like to thank you for your comments with regard to where we can improve, I will certainly discuss the communication amongst both the restaurant and front desk teams, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope you will return to New Zealand in the near future and consider Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland once again