“Thank you SAIF and RAHUL”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Lahore, Pakistan
“Thank you SAIF and RAHUL”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great location and facilities.
Best Customer service. Quality Breakfast.
Duty Managers - Mr. Saif and Mr. Rahul were very supportive. I would highly recommend.
Gym-pool-SPA-Lounge, everthing was awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Shakeel Anwar B,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

Guest Service is a key motivator for the team here and we were delighted to read that we were helpful and courteous I will be sure to share to share your comments with the wider team and personally congratulate Saif and Rahul for their special mention.

Once again thank you and we do look forward to you returning very soon.

Best regards Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stay at this property several times a year. Usually 1 or 2 night work trips to Auckland. I've kept coming back because it has been perfectly adequate, has decent in-house dining, and is well situated for the people I need to meet.
I'm about to checkout of room 227 and will be taking some serious doubts about next time home with me.

This is the bottom-floor of the residential rooms, and close to the lifts. The view was dire (of course) but lift and people-traffic noise was not much of an issue.

However, the room stank. Upon entry I was regaled with that cloying industrial masking perfume that hotels use and even then it failed to remove / mask the cigarette stench. To place insult upon unjury I was then regaled, at regular intervals throughout the night, with other people's cigarette / cigar smoke caringly piped directly to my room via the hotel air-conditioning system. That did settle down at around midnight, but the first smokers started up again at 06:30 in the morning.

I guess the cleaning staff were very busy trying to perfume-mask the room, but they'd also forgotten about a collection of food scraps in the bathroom and left the bar fridge open ... which I only discovered this morning when I went to make a wake-up coffee.

In this day and age you should not be needing to ask for rooms that do not stink and that do not immerse you regularly in second hand cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Go high, and if you're a non-smoker make sure you ask for protected rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank GiffyGiraffe
Dear GiffyGiraffe,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review following your recent stay with us, the experience you describe is well below the minimum levels of service and comfort we set and for this I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you. You would also note that I have made direct contact with you to gain some further information on your experience and ensure that I am across your next stay with us.

For the benefit of other travellers and readers Rendezvous Grand Hotel is a 100% non-smoking property, we place notices in all of our rooms advising of this fact. All of our Air-Conditioning systems draw air from an external source on the hotel roof. I can only guess that this guest had their window open as we have checked the seal and it is in working order.

We do have some guests who will choose to ignore our requests and will either smoke in the room or smoke through the opening window. We act immediately should this be brought to our attention by our team or our hotel guests.

Once again I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to GiffyGiraffe and I am very disspouited that this issue was not brought to our attention on your arrival into the room or during your stay as we would have ensured we put this right.

Thank you once again and I do look forward to your returning my note.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough - very modern & clean, delicious room service & not overpriced, very friendly staff, great location, super comfy beds, & easy parking next to the hotel. Nice spacious room & bathroom. I was travelling on my own for business & felt safe, even walking up the street & into the hotel at 11pm. Right next to Civic Square so easy access to the CBD. Will definately choose this as my hotel of choice for future trips. Only one small thing to mention which is that you can hear traffic noise as it's right in the central city, however with ear plugs I didn't have a problem sleeping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Roxinnz I,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will share this with the wider team who as I was will be thrilled and very proud to read your comments especially with regard to the customer service. Please note on your return visit to request one of our West facing rooms as these are away from any road and are very quiet.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great location and facilities with the exception of the fact that the bathroom flooded while showering (not pleasant but bearable). However, if it wasn't for Mirna at the concierge, the hotel's rating would have been marked down for customer service, given a few significant blips relating to the functionality of our safety deposit box (which was not working and not fixed throughout our stay despite their promise to do so on the first day) and instructions on use of the wifi. On the latter, we were advised on the availability of wifi, although we were not adequately informed about the correct steps required to access the service. We made a few attempts to log on, with no success, and since we were duly informed that the service was "low speed", we gave up. On the second day, we were fortunate to have Mirna assist us - she went out of her way to demonstrate exactly how to access the wifi, which then worked perfectly! In a city where good wifi seems to be in short supply, this was most useful and convenient for us.

Dear JBCC1979,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland following your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is extremely valuable and I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention some of the issues that without Mirna’s assistance you would have rated us at a lower level. I would like to apologise on behalf of the team the issues you encountered with your Safe, the internet and the shower, I will follow these up with our individual leaders within the hotel.

Once again thank you and I will pass your comments onto Mirna with our congratulations.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at the Rendezvous for our wedding anniversary. This was the first time we had stayed here and were very impressed. The hotel lobby was very impressive, staff were all amazing and the food was excellent. This is now our favourite place to stay in Auckland.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Jo S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review following your recent stay at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were thrilled to read your comments and learn that we are now your favourite Auckland Hotel.

On behalf of the Team, I would like to wish you our congratulations on your Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back next year if not sooner.

Windsor, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We arrived in the early hours.
Our room was comfortable and clean
An issue with an outside disturbance was dealt with promptly by the hotel staff.
Upon Check Out the Manager took the time to ask if we had had a nice stay and to apologise for the disturbance the previous evening,which was in all fairness beyond the Hotel's control.
Queen Street is only a short walk away and we had a very good dinner @ Degree on 204 Quay Street,recommend the stuff and turf!!

Dear Dave E,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and we once again would like to extend our apologies for the late noise, which unfortunately was beyond our control.

The Hotel is normally very quiet and we are free of disturbances such as the one you experienced, during the night we made several complaints along with our other neighbours to Noise Control and we also made an official complaint through the local Council.

We are confident that this was a one off event and future guests can book with assurance that our hotel is very quiet despite being in a CDB location.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.