“Very central hotel in Auckland”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have visited The Rendezvous several times over the last few years and it is now our choice to stay at. It is very easy to get there, easy to park, and very easy to exit back on the motorway. The rooms have recently been re-furbished and are clean and very presentable. The room rates are definitely value for money, especially for Auckland. Extremely central as well. We ate in the Japanese restaurant on our recent visit and had a fabulous meal. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Will definitely stay there when next in Auckland.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Raewyn G,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to complete such a comprehensive questionnaire.

We were delighted to read that we are your number one choice of hotel in Auckland and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the wider team.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My mum booked two rooms through wotif, one was for myself and my boyfriend and the other was for my mum and sister. When i checked in i used a visa-debit card to pay the bond for the room, i was told that before i checked out i needed to get a room check in order to get my full bond back. the next morning i rang to get someone to come and do a room check, i wasnt in the room when someone came to do it as i had gone to my mums room just down the hall. on check out i was charged for two drinks out of the mini bar (a redbull can and a bottle of water). neither myself or my boyfriend had taken anything our of the mini bar. The bottle of water and the redbull can was purchased from a shop outside the hotel. i explained this to the gentleman at the counter and he didnt end up charging me for these. my mum had a late checkout for her room and had used her credit card to pay for an upgrade that she had got which included parking. once we arrived home a couple of days later my mum noticed she had been charged an extra $9.00. she was told that she had been charged for the Redbull and bottle of water from MY room that we DID NOT drink out of the mini bar.After about three phone calls the payment was reversed so we did not end up paying for the two items.

The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfy but just being told that i had taken something out of the mini bar because there staff were too LAZY to check the mini bar and just looked in the rubbish bin ruined my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tamara C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the Team I would like apologise for the confusion with regard to the use of your minibar.

We pride ourselves on delivering genuine friendly service of which we failed to deliver on this occasion and once again I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Right next to the square, at the top of Queen Street... Good rooms easy 4.5 star.... All you would expect. We stayed 2 nights in Auckland before a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. Finding somewhere in Auckland wasn't easy. Great we found this Hotel. Good bar, attentive restaurant staff, but not invasive. Right near the cinema that offers Gd class and 11 cinemas.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear jk0125,

Thank you for your recent review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us particularly with regard to our location and quality of rooms.

We were thrilled to have your recommendation and do look forward to having you return soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My third time staying at the Rendezvous, and each time has been a very pleasant experience. This last stay was great especially when one of the front desk staff recognised my wife from a previous stay and said she remembered checking us in last time with our kids. My wife explained we were last here for Father's Day and now we're here for our Wedding anniversary. The staff member then upgraded our room and on arrival to the room we were welcomed with complimentary wine, chocolates and a card from the assistant manager. All in all, never disappointed when staying at the Rendevous akld city. Great customer service, great hospitality, good facilities... recommend with a smile.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear S_Tapu,

Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we very much appreciate this.

When I read your review as part of our weekly team meeting and I could see the team gain so much satisfaction from hearing your praise with regard to our service.

Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Arrived in Auckland from a business trip in Melbourne to spend a weekend with friends in NZ before returning home to England. We had a room with 2 twin beds and a large bathroom that was great for 1 nights stay and in a good location to explore Auckland.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Becky B,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular with regard to the quality of our room and facilities.

I will be sure to share you review with our team who will enjoy reading your comments.

Once again, Thank you and we do look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I recently checked into Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland for 5 days with my husband and 4.5 year old son. The hotel stuffed up our booking and gave us a standard room with a King bed instead of one with two double beds, which I have originally booked for. The manager on duty was very apologetic about it and added a roller bed and breakfast for three on the house. They managed to move us into a room with two double beds on the next day and delivered free fruit platter and chocholates to our room. Best of all, on the morning when we checked out, the duty manage, Andrew, apologised personally to us again. The double beds room was very clean, which is the most important to us. All up, we are very happy with their service and are more than happy to stay there again. The location is excellent with only 5-7 min walk to Queen street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Soonie R,

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and also for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to Auckland. We were delighted to read your comments with regard to the service turn-around.

We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was there for a work conference/party and the hotel was very accommodating. The rooms were very spacious and practical for us. The team on front desk were helpful and the layout of the grand ballroom was great for the function we had in there. Special mention to Todd, Mike and Saif from the front office team for helping out where they could.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Neil N,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will share this with the wider team who as I was will be thrilled and very proud to read your comments especially with regard to the customer service. I will also ensure that I personally congratulate Todd, Mikee and Saif.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.