We do not often stay at big city hotels, and this one was OK. The room was clean and amenities reasonable. We had little interaction with staff except on check in and check out. However, a lot was closed - cafe closed (I think - it never seemed to be open when we walked past), restaurant closed (definitely according to the sign), which seemed odd for a large city hotel. I must comment on the tunnel! There is an underground tunnel linking the hotel to the Aotea Centre across the road. It looks like (and feels like) a war bunker - dirty, leading to a plain unmarked door into the lowest floor of the basement carpark. It does not provide a welcoming introduction to the hotel. Clean it up or close it down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Zealand's largest hotel located in the heart of cosmopolitan and provides impeccable service and coupled with superb facilities, such as an indoor pool, saunas, gymnasium and award-winning restaurants and bars. The hotel features 452 elegantly appointed oversized guest rooms and suites that will ensure comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Millennium Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Rendezvous Hotel
- Grand Millennium Auckland New Zealand