“Great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
dublin
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I recently decided to pay my sister in Auckland a surprise visit and as such booked this hotel for my first night there. I chose it based on its location as it was near enough to her office on high street, five min walk approx.
On arriving I was greeted by very friendly staff and check in was very prompt and efficient which is what you need after a few long flights.
My room had two large double beds and was spotlessly clean. It also had a lovely big bathroom with large powerful shower.
I cant really comment on the facilities of the hotel as I didn't get a chance to use them but based on staff , room size and location I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank annkaren
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear annkaren,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will share this with the wider team who as I was will be thrilled to read your comments especially with regard to our friendly and helpful team members.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments review and we look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand very soon.

Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would definitely stay at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel again. It is a very convenient CBD location and very safe - right across the street from the Police Station. My room was big, beautiful and quiet. The bathroom had beautiful stone countertops, a shower and a large freestanding bath tub. I also had a nice view. The Japanese Teppan-style dinner was expensive but fun. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Corena J,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were thrilled to read your comments and they will be shared with our wider team.

Katsura is our signature Japanese Restaurant and Chef Suzuki whom has been with the Hotel for over 23 years still, hand selects his fish on a daily basis from the seafood market, we are very proud of Katsura and its dedication to quality.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and we do look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to New Zealand.

Whakatane, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel represents good value for its price. Perfect location if you have a show to go to in The Civic, Aotea Centre, or Q Theatre. Staff were most helpful and we both slept well so beds obviously suited us. We have already re-booked for our next trip to Auckland. Happy to recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear OldDeuteronomy2014,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we are delighted to receive your feedback, recommendation and learn that you have already booked your next stay with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and in the meantime would invite you to follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and events. We do intend to open some Annie and Michael Buble packages very soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear annkaren1,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we are delighted to receive your feedback and recommendation.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and would invite you to follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and events.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Loved the hotel, people and location. The city is marvelous as is the hotel. Close to stop off for Hop and Ride and close to walk to multiple wonderful restaurants and places to see. Easy access to board cruise ship.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Nancy D,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and especially with regards to our guest service and location.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I was with my hubby at the Rendezvous, who was there for a business trip of three days. The hotel room was nice and tidy but it was also a plain, expressionless room. I don't like that kind of rooms.
Of 6 clean towels that we had in the bathroom, 3 of them had stains :( very disappointing! And I have also noticed a stain on my pillow. Probably they should change their laundry service.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KikaPS
Dear KikaPS,

Thank you for your review and on behalf of the Team here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland I would like to extend my apologies to you for the experience you outline in your review with regards to the Bath Towels and Pillow’s.
I will pass your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper and Laundry provider as clearly this has fallen short of our minimum expectations.

Should you be travelling to Auckland in the near future I would respectfully request that you make contact with me and I will ensure that you experience the true Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were planning to stay at this hotel for just 2 nights but due to some emergency came in late on our check out date, the hotel staff was more than accommodating and even let us keep the same room for 2 more nights. We were more than glad for not having to shift our luggage to another room

The location is very convenient with major attractions and restaurants at a walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Divya S
Dear Divya S,

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and for taking the time to complete your review. We were delighted to read your comments with regard to our reception team and glad we could assist you.

Once again thank you and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.