“Highly recommended”

Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had booked this hotel as a stopover from Santiago to Sydney for two nights. Our flight arrived at 4.30am Auckland airport and we were at the hotel at about 6am. Even though check in was not till the afternoon, the night manager appreciated our long flight and offered us access to our rooms immediately after completing the paperwork. The room and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor facing the street and the view was amazing both during the day and night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear 217Lena,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I will be sure to pass your comments onto our wider team whom as I was will be delighted to read them especially with regards to our service.

Once again we thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We came here for a weekend away in the big smoke and really liked the experience. Reception staff were friendly and fast, room was very clean and tidy and modern, elevators were prompt too. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear CameronKerr,

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and for taking the time to complete your review. We were delighted to read your comments with regard to your experience with us taking the time to note the guest service and our facilities.

Once again thank you for your review and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we would invite you to follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook so you can keep up to date with our special offers and events.

Mosman, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for the Easter break. It was one of the best holidays we have had. Beautiful room, great buffet breakfast. Good facilities including gym and swimming pool and most importantly very friendly staff. It was a busy time but the staff were going out of their way to help you specially I have to thank Mr. T. Nishi who was extremely helpful with booking some activities for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear IcyApple

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Easter Break with us taking the time to note the beautiful room, great breakfast and facilities.

Taka and the rest of the team staff are truly appreciative of your kind words recognizing their wonderful customer service.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments review and we look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand very soon.

Bay of Plenty
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, most recently April 2014. It always has good service, spacious rooms - great to have a bath. Reasonably comfortable beds and tea and coffee making facilities. I had room service breakfast due to early start this last time and the waiter was the best service I have ever had - due to my error something missing but no worries he was off and back again with smiles and silver service professionalism. Anyhow back to hotel - great if you buy on an advance special but for 41/2 star rating its decor, gym, pool, stained carpet etc really needs updating. No way I would pay normal rack rate for current condition. Relatively central and parking available too. Can walk to theatre and many dining options. Would stay again if on a good deal :-)

Room Tip: Perhaps ask if there are any refurbished?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear latabi,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and learn that you have stayed with us a number of times.

We were pleased to read that you find the Hotel comfortable along with good service and especially that of our Room Service Team Member, I am guessing this is Alex one of our long standing team members. I will be sure to recognise his efforts in our next team meeting.

We have recently refurbished our Hotel Rooms, we are working with our owners on the Pool and Gym area although I would argue that they are superior to many of our competitors as they stand now.

Stained carpets are unacceptable and I will write to you offline to establish exactly where they were so we can address this issue. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel because my flat was having it's front fixed and it was State of Origin time. I decided it would be my birthday treat.

This hotel is at the top end of town, but the 'free' bus (50c if you don't have a bus card) stops right outside it and goes all around town every 15mins or so. Saves you walking up that damn hill!

Check in was very easy and getting to my room made me feel like a kid in a maze - it's seriously a big hotel! The room is nice and spacious and everything works and OMG the bathroom! It's massive! The biggest 'standard' bathtub I have ever seen.

The bed was large, the couch was perfect and the TV was good. And I got to watch State of Origin right up until my eyes closed and missed us winning the only game we've won in forever...

View from the window was good considering it was a cheap room. I got to see the sunrise and could watch the council building slowly turning on it's lights. It looked like a deck of some sort below me, perhaps an outdoor eating area.

I didn't get to explore much as I checked in about 6pm and then had to leave around 8am the next day to go to work but it was a good time.

Checkout was easy and pleasant. I was happy with staff, none of them were jerks like you can get in these hotels.

I recommend it. It's pretty safe area too as the central police station is directly opposite ;) but you don't hear sirens.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank iamozbok
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear iamozbok,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive review of the hotel.

We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and accommodating, the room and bathroom to be very clean and large, the location excellent and our rooms offering a nice view.

I was also pleased to read that despite you missing the end of the game your team won, as a fellow NSW Blues supporter I know your pain.

Dianella, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed three nights.
Wonderfull service , staff extremely helpfull and friendly.
Central to everywhere.
Rooms and beds extremely comfortable.
Would not hesitate recommending this hotel.
My wife are extensive travellers and have experienced lots of hotels, this one is right up there.

Room Tip: My wife has a colapsible mobile scooter. No trouble getting it in and out of room or lifts, storage...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Egidio R
Dear Egidio R,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will share this with the wider team who as I was will be thrilled and very proud to read your comments especially with regards to you and your wife being extensive travellers and that we are right up there as far as your experience goes.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in rendezvous just for one night. Upon arrival, the checkin staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had a delux king room which was really spacious. The bathroom was generously sized too. We used the pool and gym facility which was fantastic :) The hotel was previously Carlton which was one of the best hotels in auckland...hence the grand foyer.

There only two things that was a little less than 100%. The tv remote battery was flat. The toilet was not flushing too well.

Overall great stay. Will stay with rendevous aucland again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Iris X,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you generally enjoyed the hotel, our friendly team along with pool and gym.

Thank you also for bringing to my attention the small things that impacted your stay, we appreciate and value your feedback as it provides us the opportunity to review and ultimately improve our processes.