We booked a girl's week away via Virgin Holiday's and had an accommodation/flight package. Before arriving we had called the hotel to pre-book some tours and get some recommendations on Day Spa's and they were happy to help us out.
Location wise - we found we saw so much more of the city as there was so much available to us in close walking distance. Armed with a local map we had no problems getting around.
Our room was clean, reasonably spacious and had everything we needed.
Meal wise we gave the buffet breakfast a go on our first morning and were a bit disappointed. However we were happy to check out some of the local cafes doing breakfast - including Best Ugly Bagels - in fact check it out for lunch as well. We had dinner a couple of times in the resturant and were quite satisfied with a local wines and food menu.
We would be happy to use the Rendezvous as our base next time we return to Auckland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Zealand's largest hotel located in the heart of cosmopolitan and provides impeccable service and coupled with superb facilities, such as an indoor pool, saunas, gymnasium and award-winning restaurants and bars. The hotel features 452 elegantly appointed oversized guest rooms and suites that will ensure comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Grand Millennium Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Rendezvous Hotel
- Grand Millennium Auckland New Zealand