“Flying visit to Auckland”
Review of CityLife Auckland

CityLife Auckland
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 20 April 2013

What a lovely hotel, its location is central and the rooms are big enough - my two children and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The thing that absolutely sold me on this hotel was the service. From our arrival the check in staff and conceirge were so helpful. The room servcie guys were brilliant and the staff in Zest were just fantastic, can't think of a time recently when I have received such consistently good customer service from an establishment!! The only negative was that our room smelled of cigerette smoke.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
CAKL, General Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments in rgards to my staff and the service they provided - we will now give ourselves a huge pat on the back for making your stay a memorable one. We are a non smoking hotel, I agree this is frustrating to encounter, unfortunately some guests choose to ignore this, however we are vigilant in charging an extra cleaning fee to those who ignore our requests to not smoke. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This proved a good choice; central to the city, so walking distance to waterfront and ferries, railway station, arts centre, art museum and shops. The room was quiet, smart and comfortable, service efficient and helpful, and breakfast good (slow toaster apart). Central Auckland is perhaps not the most exciting location in the Pacific but on a budget below that of waterfront establishments, this seemed fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback - it is appreciated! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We booked a $189 special - incl. breakfast & valet parking - for three of us. The kids loved the pool and the buffet breakfast, and the rooms are well equipped, complete with washing machine and dryer as well as oven and hotplates. We had a good view over Queen St. Friendly, helpful service. As other reviewers have noted, the beds are soft, but I didn't find it unbearably so. A good place for a weekend stay if you can get one of their deals.

Warning - getting there by car is not intuitive. It is difficult to find. If coming down Queen St towards the water, it's the first left after Victoria Street. And a tip - if you've checked out but still need somewhere to park the car at the weekend, Tournament Parking, directly across from the hotel is only $7 for 12 hours. Bargain!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EllieCambridge

Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback - we appreciate it and is nice to be acknowledged for making your stay a memorable. I do agree our main entrance can be tricky. We do provide our GDS location on our website which may be useful in finding us when driving to us for the first time. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Beds are terrible, so soft, we had to leave in the early hours of the morning as we were unable to sleep. Before leaving, I called reception to see if they could help, they said they were unable to provide a bed board due to the time of day. They told us that they would not charge us for the night's stay until we had arrived back in Sydney and had spoken with the General Manager. This did not happen!! The Manager did not call me and the monies were taken. I then called the following day to complain, left a VM for the Manager and he did not call me back, I again followed this up with another call, to be told that they could do nothing to help me and that the person on reception (at the time of check out) has said that he did offer me a bed board.....this is NOT true!!!! Such a poor level of customer service, essentially called me a liar!!!! This is a non smoking hotel and we also had to tolerate the people in the room next to us smoking. The whole floor stank (walking from the lifts to our room), and also the living area of our room, my clothes even stank of smoke!!!! It took us to complain before the guys on reception did anything about it. I would never recommend this hotel and would certainly never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shinnywingwong
CAKL, General Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy our fabulous new "tranquil" beds - we receive numerous comments daily from most guests saying they love our new beds so much they did not want to get of them! Some guests even want to purchase them. However I appreciate that everyone has a different opinion when it comes to comfort of a bed. It is regretful that there appears to have been a breakdown in communication between my staff and yourself in regards to the availability of bed boards. We are a non smoking hotel, unfortunately some guests choose to ignore this, however we are vigiliant in charging them an extra cleaning fee to re-deoderise the room when they check out.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The single bedroom/kitchen units were quite comfortable to stay in and well appointed with good amenities, the staff were very helpful and nice (view not so great, but didn't spend much time in the room!), good valet parking (or easy to do it yourself too). If anything the only draw back was trying to find the road which led to the main front entry area - that was so difficult to find I drove around the block three times before I got the right side street! Aside from this, all in all this was a hotel with a good location and great staff/service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CAKL, General Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback - we do appreciate it! In regards to directions to access our main entrance, we do have the GPS co-ordinates on our website which may be useful. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Having stayed here on many occasions over the years It is always nice to return knowing that you will be greeted by the friendly staff at reception and in the resturant.
Apartment clean and fresh with everything you need to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Kind regards Nicole Lawson, General Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights - 2 times in 2 weeks. Overall a good place - was chosen by a colleague who had stayed there before and couldn't stop saying how good it was and how comfortable the beds were.

Highlights
- great location, on Queens street - close to shopping and restaurants
- rooms are spacious, small kichenette
- 2 tvs (one in the living area and one in the bedrom)
- beds are very comfortable
- staff friendly
- valet parking about $30
- close to sky city

Lowlights
- Ordered room service one night - steak - food didn't match the standards of the hotel
- Got charged for breakfast (after I had checked out) which I didnt have. Raised it with the hotel and this was promptly reversed.

Would I stay here again? For $239p/n I'm not too sure - I might want to try someother place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business