CityLife Auckland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
  • Breakfast included
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Windsor(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
1,357 results
All reviewscity lifequeen streetzest restaurantgreat locationsky towerdeluxe suitefull kitchenvalet parkingwasher and dryernew zealandseparate bedroomcentral locationferry terminalhigher floorwould definitely stay here againhome away from homecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

No arguments with the great location of this hotel. It's centrally located in Queen Street within easy reach of shops, restaurants and the all important harbour. The rooms were clean and, importantly the bathroom was impeccable.

Our room looked out over an adjacent multi story car park with a small 24 hour shop below and a backpacker's hostel within hearing distance. Having said that it would be unreasonable to expect a brilliant view in the middle of one of Auckland's main thoroughfares so I point this out simply as a "heads up" for you.

What the hotel gains in location it loses in ambience..hence my reference to a lack of soul. We felt that all the open spaces in the hotel were joyless. Staff were unsmiling, although to be fair, they were also quite helpful when asked.

Be warned, the restaurant closes on Sunday night so if you want a meal then you are going to have to discover Auckland's finest and it won't be in the hotel!

Room Tip: Our room number was 302 and that looked out over the car park....hope that helps!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, Front Office Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Dudley C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I was happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and your room. I was surprised to read your comments about our staff as we receive many reviews complimenting their friendly and helpful nature, so I am hoping this is an isolated incident. Thank you again for your review and hope your visit our shores again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a good place to stay if you are a tourist in Auckland. It is well located for the city, waterfront restaurants and ferry terminals and has the added bonus of the airport express bus stop right outside. Staff are very friendly and helpful. We booked through Expedia and the room allocated to us was next to the lift shaft which was rather noisy, so avoid rooms with 01 and 02 eg 301 402 501 602 etc

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to lift shaft ...book direct, not through Expedia as room allocated was not the best !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
David L, Front Office Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Sennokians,

Thank you for you fantastic feedback and review. The team and I were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at CityLife Auckland. Your room tips were valid and if you are a light sleeper, the lifts would definitely affect you. Thank you again for your review and we certainly hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I really loved this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I was looking for a nice place for an overnight stay whilst we attended an engagement party without the pricetag of The Langham. This proved first rate. The room is really clean and spacious and was lovely and light, the bed and linen excellent. The view wasn't the best and the room itself is pretty standard furniture and décor wise so I wouldn't book it if you are a design fiend. However what makes this hotel great is the service. Its brilliant, way better than the Hilton or The Langham both of which I've stayed at and in a different league entirely to places like The Grand chancellor or The Copthorne. Right from the start the hotel went out of there way to help ,when I phoned to request a portacot, the receptionist told me about their babysitting service, they have a trusted lady who used to be a nurse who does all their babysitting. I would never usually have a stranger look after my 7 month old but the staff really rated her so I thought it would be fine for a couple of hours. I was so happy with this amazing lady I stayed out for 3hrs and it really made our stay so much better as I got to enjoy the party. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, I rang for more milk and extra soap and this was brought immediately, without any fuss. When the man came to put up the portacot, which arrived after we checked in but this was fine, he brought extra towels for swimming as I mentioned I wanted to use the pool. The products in the room are really good too as was the coffee. The aforementioned pool is great, in a light airy space and nicely decorated. the water temperature was good and baby and I had a great swim. The location must be mentioned too, its right on Queen St and so within walking distance to the heart of the city. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear louise b,

Thank you for you fantastic feedback and for sharing your review with our readers. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like you experienced what makes CityLife Auckland different from the rest - our exceptional level of service. I have shared your review with our team and everyone involved was also happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you again for the kind comments and we certainly hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We obviously got a good deal as our price in the one bed suite included, wifi, breakfast and free valet parking. We loved our 22nd floor suite with all facilities plus view of the streets below, a park, dramatic buildings and the harbour. Very central with buses outside, good breakfast, very kind professional staff and super to collapse into the indoor pool after travelling half way across the world. At the price we paid we can't wait to come again or recommend to others. Everywhere we stayed in NZ had something better than other places - however the City Life still came top. We would have just liked to swap the huge coffee table for a smaller one as it obstructed our use of the suite.

Room Tip: ask for a high up room/ suite with views towards the sea
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CLPRtravel,

Thank you for you wonderful feedback and review. The team and I were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at CityLife Auckland and we certainly hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I usually have a car, so stay a bit further out where parking is easier (and free - parking is $35 per day at City Life). But with no car this time I thought I'd try a central city hotel, and I'm pleased I did. It's a bit more expensive than I usually pay, but it was well worth it. A room to international hotel standards, with all the facilities you need (including gym and pool), located right on Auckland's main street, in the very heart of the city. Close to restaurants, theatres and cinemas, and very handy to work the next morning. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
David L, General Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Sparky81,

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your experience with our readers. We were happy to read that you had a fantastic experience here at CityLife Auckland and I would recommend you book through our hotel website and take advantage of either packages we sell with parking included or our special add-on's menu which have discounts for services such as parking, breakfast and internet.

Thank you again for visiting CityLife Auckland and we hope to host you again in the near future.