“Lack of Staff.”

Copthorne Hotel Auckland City
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were in one of the many groups that booked months ago to attend the Andre Rieu Concert at Vector.Arena. The hotel offered a special concert menu which sounded very nice. Such a pity some of us never got to eat it, as the service in the Dinning Room would be one of the worst experiences I've ever encountered in years We were in a group of six and had booked well in advance as had the other 30 or so guests who were in the in the dinning room at the same time .Some of us only got an entrees while some of us were lucky enough to get a main. .
Admittedly what was served was very nice and when a compliant was made next morning there was an apology and a discount given but what should have been a relaxing meal before the show became a somewhat tense and rushed meal for many of us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is always appreciated. I have received a lot of feedback regarding dinner service on the night you are referring to and this has allowed us to relook at our operations to ensure this is not repeated. I'm very sorry if the issue you had with dinner impeded in any way on what was meant to be an enjoyable time in Auckland but I do hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Thanks again

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just used this as landing pad upon first arriving in NZ. Tucked away up a very steep hill, it would not be good for anyone with mobility issues, but was close enough to the city centre without being noisy. Ordered a toasted cheese sandwich for an evening snack, which I thought rather expensive at $18! The room was functional.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is always appreciated. I'm pleased you enjoyed our central but quiet location. I'm sorry to read the comment regarding the room service however I'm pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've only spent one night (luckily) in this Auckland hotel, probably the worst I have ever experienced in New Zealand. After paying a "special deal" of over 250 nzd per night, we ended up in a dump and small room smelling like mould and dirt. Old furniture, no mini bar (just the fridge...), no ventilation in the bathroom, huge condensation at the windows (well, this a local "treat" anyway). Shortly, in my opinion, a two-star hotel at most! The only good thing was that it is located next to Vector Arena where we had some concert tickets.

Room Tip: Rooms at upper levels are better, as they are better ventilated and so there is less mould.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, this is always appreciated. I'm sorry to read such negative comments however I appreciate the honest feedback. I'm glad you were happy with our close proximity to Vector Arena.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Planned this trip for ages to attend a special event. Parking was terrible and room service food was not hot, not particularly appealing and grossly overpriced for what was received. Will not be tempted to stay again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to read your negative review. In regards to our carparking, this is limited however we do offer the option for guests to park at the Wilsons building across the road on Anzac Ave at a discounted price so we can ensure that all guests have a park whether it is at the hotel or the parking building. I'm sorry to read the comments you have made about the room service, this is not the standard I expect and I'm sorry if this impeded on what was meant to be an enjoyable time in Auckland. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at the hotel from the 17/10/13-19/10/13 during the Beyonce concert. The 2 ladies at reception were very helpful and friendly. They were very quick at checking us into our room. The room was clean and tidy, but very stuffy and hot.

My friend and I dined in at Zoe's restuarant on our first night. The staff were friendly and our meals were delicious.

We also ordered room service on the friday night. It took over an hour before we recieved our order. By then we were very hungry and tired by the time we recieved our order. I wasn't given a reason for the delay. Room service was very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm really pleased to hear the great comments about the staff and the restaurant food. I'm sorry to read of the issue you had with your room service meal, I know there were a lot of orders being a concert night at Vector however I apologise if this impeded on your stay with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed on night en route overseas.
Check in was fast and smooth. Room clean and tidy with a view overlooking part of the harbour.
If you have a vehicle parking can be a bit tight - get in early!!
Breakfast was pretty basic, but ok.
Overall...not bad but probably better around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nzcouple
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback, this is always appreciated. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay recently and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed the night on 5th Sept and had birthday dinner for my daughter at Zoe's. The staff from our checkin right through to the restaurant were extremely helpful and informative with our waitress (an indian lady) being very friendly. Food was amazing and exceptional value and delicious, rooms are basic but clean and well maintained and we had a great view over the ports and harbour. Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback, we really do appreciate this. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and we look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you