“Decent Hotel”

Copthorne Hotel Auckland City
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My friend and I stay here for 1 night, we got a special rate otherwise we would have been very dissapointed with the quality for the price.

It was an average hotel, rooms were fine but they didn't live up to what we were expecting. The hotel is clean and much nicer than the Harbour Copthorne! Staff were friendly.

This hotel is nice enough but quite expensive for what you get. This is my sole reason for not recommending it. You can get better hotels for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 April 2010

Possibly understaffed at the time of our overnight visit and dinner/breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Enjoyed our stay, a nice clean and tidy room with a great view. Air conditioning a wee bit noisy and the toilet bowl is very low down for a big person. $7-50 is a bit on the steep side for a can of beer I feel. Stall were all very pleasant and polite. Good breakfast. Yes, we will stay again next we are in Auckland.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2010

A constant flow of tourist buses and noisy guests. When I asked a group leader to stop shouting in the corridoor outside my room she was dismissive and rude. Consequently I checked out the next mornig after 2 nights of hell. Rooms are OK but lifts and corridoors dirty. Fruit at breakfast is tinned, cooked breakfast was inedible.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This was my second stay at the Copthorne Auckland, this time for a concert at the Vector Arena, and it suited our purposes perfectly. It's not flash, but at around $135 for a room and breakfast for two, we were pretty pleased with the value. Nice to have a room on the harbour side which catches the morning sun - if you can get higher, the view would be better.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I like this hotel and its perfect for a business overnight stay. We are a small company with modest budgets, so I find this hotel really suits my needs. The staff are exemplary, the showers are great. Beds comfy. I do find the air conditioning noisy, and showers running in other rooms are also noisy, but I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel where I couldn't hear these things. The rooms are small - but what else do you need if you are on your own and just need a bed for the night? They have great internet deals if you book with the hotel directly (don't bother with a "middle man") and I've decided not to even look elsewhere for Auckland stays in future as it really does suit my needs, its easy to book, and I really like the friendly service. Definitely recommend for a business stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Checkin 2.00pm but room not ready untill 2.45pm.
Air conditioning unusually loud , could not sleep with it on. So an uncomfortably hot night.
Tour party arrived at around 2.30am and sound insulation so poor seemed they all showered in our bathroom.
Ten minutes of internet cost 15NZD
164NZD per night was way over the top for a room that was also basic and a little tired.
Redeeming feature was the very pleasant and efficient girl on reception when we arrived.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple