I didn't have the same overall reaction this time as last time and even thought of making this a two star review, but when I had a good think that would be unfair.
- Location for the price. Harbourview room on advance purchase for $136.
- That despite being an advance no refund sort of booking, I was able to change it online (from queen to twin due to change in plans) with no hassle or extra cost
- Winter breakfast deal for $15 each
The not so good:
- Somehow in winter, quite a cold day for Auckland in winter, the room was quite warm and we had trouble sleeping. So we tried the aircon which only blew warm air no matter what setting it was on (also it was fairly loud even on Low, and the temperature setting was in Farenheight only which was odd). So we opened the window which of course lets in some noise. Even with the window open I actually didn't get in the bed, sleeping on top of my one.
- Just 2 smallish lifts for what is not a small hotel. There are separate staff/goods lifts but really the 2 small ones for passengers don't cut it.
- Unable to fill a fairly small water bottle in the bathroom nor the kettle. This is not an uncommon issue at hotels but it we had to go to a new level of improvisation before using glasses to move water into the bottle and kettle.
In summary the biggest downside was the aircon not working and the biggest upside in this particular case was the ability easily change the room at no extra cost when the visit changed from being myself and my girlfriend to be mum & myself.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Auckland HarbourCity reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Hotel Auckland HarbourCity New Zealand