The hotel certainly has the right name - Heritage and it clearly shows. Apparently this hotel was previously the Farmers department store and they have chosen to kept quite a bit of the old charm of the building especially the wooden floor which looks like it has taken some beating over many years. Service was excellent a the front desk, as in the restaurant and the room (which I got an upgrade to a suite) was also cosy and warm. The kitchen was a surprise, much bigger than the usual motels but unfortunately, I did not get to cook much. What I didn;t quite like is the poor sound proofing, which means I get to hear the guy next door coughing or folks upstairs walking around. The gym is also rather small and the pool seems to be on renovation. They could have offered towels at the gym though as well as provided more machines in a larger area. Heard that there are actually 2 gyms but did not manage to find the other one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art deco; historic landmark refurbished in 1998. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritage Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Heritage Hotel
- Heritage Auckland New Zealand