“Great place, great views and good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Auckland
“Great place, great views and good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during my visit to Auckland. The view of the harbour was amazing from my room in the tower. Service was excellent. Rooms and balcony are spacious. They have provided most of the amenities required by travellers. Location is also good. Breakfast was good. All in all a good value for money and a very nice experience. Would surely stay here again for my next visits to Auckland.

• Stayed January 2013
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Amogh Run,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your wonderful comments relating to your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland. We have noted your positive comments about our breakfast experience. We have worked very hard to ensure that we have a great balance of fine foods and warm and attentive service. We look forwarding to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Heritage Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Thai first
Pukekohe, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We booked our night in the city for our wedding and were not disappinted. The reception staff were friendly and couldn't have done more for us. The room was well presented and clean, and very quiet for such a busy location in the city.

Our room had a full kitchen which we didnt need on this stay, but was nice to know that fully fuctional suites are avaiable.

We highly recommend paying extra for the breakfast as the sitting goes until 11.00 giving you a good sleepin, and the range of food is amazing. I was surprised when we were asked if we wanted coffee even though there was a self serve machine on the buffet, which was then personally served to our table.

We had a great relaxing night with an awesome brekkie, which saw us thriugh the rest of the day. It is our second time staying at the Heritage and will be booking there again.

Room Tip: Advise of wanting a kitchen at time of booking as some suites have a full kitchen available, and oth...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Shakey72,
Firstly, congratulations to you both for your very special day and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with our readers on how much you enjoyed your stay with us recently. My team and I are extremely delighted that we have exceeded your expectations in every way. We look forward to hosting you and your partner again on your next wedding anniversary.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Immaculate place great service. I arrived late staff were very genuinely friendly. First impressions big clean flash. Room much the same wonderful spacious and clean. Great sleep and couldn't hear any noise from street below. The only question I had was the whereabouts of the dish washing liquid. Unfortunately I didn't have time to agonize over that too long but left my dishes for the establishment - sorry. Wonderful restaurant great breakfast setup excellent service Loved it and coming back just make sure there's dishwashing liquid and and scrubbing brush please. 5 stars

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Shortwalk74,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback with our readers relating to your recent stay with us. I have noted the dishwashing liquid and have passed this onto my house keeping team. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Heritage Auckland sometime very soon to host you again.
My Kindest Regards
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had two business trips to Auckland late last year and stayed in this hotel for both of them. The main thing that stands out for me is that, without exception, every single member of staff I interacted with was outstanding in their customer service, warmth, reception and helpfulness. For that reason alone I would recommend this hotel. I particularly appreciated the service I received from the breakfast team who knew me by name by the second morning!
The restaurant has a heavy emphasis on vegetarian food, but I enjoyed every meal I had during my stays--I am not a vegetarian, myself.
It is obvious that this hotel has astute management who take customer service seriously--good work!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms in the "tower" block even though you have to walk through a causeway from t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WellingtonChris10
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear WellingtonChris10,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us. We value this feedback and will ensure that the details of your post are made available to read. We have worked very hard to rebalance our dining options ensuring that we offer a more balanced healthy menu for all guests to enjoy.
We look forward to hosting you again very soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here on a romantic getaway with my wife. Had a Tower room with the harbour view - booked on their own website at a special rate. Value at that rate was good - wouldn't be at full price. Bit of a hike from the front desk to get there, but the room was nice. Had a reasonable kitchen and washing machine/dryer in the bathroom. Separate lounge and bedroom.

We enjoyed the room. Staff were very helpful too. Didn't eat there - looking for more interesting fare.

Room Tip: Get a room with a harbour view - if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve A
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Steve A,
Thank you for sharing with our readers great comments about your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland. I am please we were able to exceed your expectations relating to service standards and guest room comfort. The Tower building is connected by walkway to our main building. This section of our hotel offer slightly different experience as apposed to the traditional "Farmers" building which was constructed in 1914. When you come to visit again, please let us know at time of booking if you would like take the opportunity to relax in one of our original building guest rooms.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed for 2 nights here as I thought there would be a full kitchen and laundry in the room. There was a tiny saucepan, and that's about it! Apparently the family rooms don't have the laundry in the rooms. I didn't go to the one they offered.

There was supposed to be a dining area, but no. I think their room descriptions are a compilation of all the rooms!

Saying that, we were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greenlizzie
Dear Greenlizzie,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your comments about your recent stay with us. I have rechecked our recently updated website to ensure that from our customer’s perspective we have been very clear about what each room type represents and what our guest would expect when reserving a room with us. I am happy to report we believe that our information is clear and accurate. We do take our customers concerns seriously and will adapt and change items as they are required.
We would look forward to welcoming you back to Heritage Auckland sometime again very soon
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed 1 night at Tower Deluxe Suite of Heritage Tower Auckland in Jan 2013 ...terrific .
At $NZD199 I literally cannot find a single fault ( and I am fussy ).
Buffet breakfast was included - and was terrific - a huge range of absolutley everything you could dream of - and the head chef even came out to have a chat to check every thing was good.
Car park was included under the building.
The Deluxe suite was BIG with north facing harbour view - quiet - clean - bed was luxurious - the room looked absolutley immaculate. Maybe it had just been renovated , I dont know - but carpet looked quality, brand new , furnishings were top-notch. Air-con was silent , even on full. Room 1102 if your interested.
We're are definatley going back .

Room Tip: Ask for 'North Facing' with a balcony ( some dont ) that way you can open the ranch-slider a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrLikesValueForMoney
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Mr Likes Value for Money,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. My team will be delighted to read these and we do look forward to welcoeming you back to Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.