“Decent experience”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fulfilled our request of two queen beds at short notice. Room was clean. Fruit basket and free bottled water upon arrival. Centrally located. Unique looking hotel. Breakfast was fantastic. Great options, fresh and good service. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Dale I,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we were able to exceed your expectations and would look forward to welcoming hosting you again sometime very soon.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Auckland

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Heritage is central Auckland, so close to lots of good restaurants and bars and the waterfront. The rooms are clean, comfortable, with good supplies of products, dressing gowns, and a good balcony. Service was friendly, but they did insist on inspecting the room before we left which made us feel a bit like naughty school kids! Also, make sure which wing you're in to choose which reception to check in at - it's quite a walk between blocks!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear NZGirl69,
Thank you for sharing your feedback relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland with our readers. I am delighted we were able to share with you our Heritage experience and than you were comfortable and your weekend in Auckland was a great success. I do note your comment about room check prior to departure, for our readers information, guest who pay by cash are required to provide a cash bond, it is easier for both the guest and the hotel to ensure that all charges relating to there stay and settled at the time of departure to reduce any need to follow up on any outstanding charges later on. I look forward to welcoming you back to Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We are a family of 4 who came to Auckland to celebrate my daughters birthday. The 2 B/R apartment in the Tower Wing was perfect. Shame they stung me an extra $40 to guarantee me a room with a harbour view. Also be aware when checking out and paying the bill. I had booked the family package online but was overcharged by $40. I didn't pick up their error until I got home and sent them an e'mail message where they quickly admitted their mistake and credited my credit card the difference. It makes me wonder how many others get billed incorrectly that never get noticed? But that said ... I was really impressed how the Staff made my daughter feel special with free chocolates being delivered to our room to acknowledge her birthday, also I e'mailed 24hrs out from our arrival asking if a birthday cake could be arranged. A Chef phoned me within 30mins and confirmed that this could be done (charge applies). One hour after checking in the cake was delivered to our room giving my daughter the treat away from home that we wanted. Thanks for going that extra mile for us Heritage. Happily return again soon.

Room Tip: Room 906 Tower Wing. Bridge and harbour views, relatively quiet for Auckland. Might get noisier dur...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Teagle,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments with our readers on your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able to make your family celebration one to remember and do look forward to sharing this experience with you again sometime very soon. I have noted your comment about the over change and on investigation this issue was an isolated error and my front office team have had this highlighted to ensure we are able to rectify it quickly if it were to arise again. We look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've just spent four nights at the Heritage in the older part of the hotel and loved the character and charm of the room I had. The staff were friendly and welcoming, but one thing that let me down was they assumed I knew more than I did about the place, IE assumptions made I knew the complexity of two entrances and myriad of two hotels together, where to leave your car for valet parking, how to find your car after valet parking, just the assumption that I was familiar with Auckland - things an outsider notices. As people know its the little things that get you, aside from that I did enjoy myself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Nauribeth,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team has been able to share our "Heritage" experience with you. I have also noted your comments relating to signage, we have discussed ways to improve this element of our guest experience. We do look forward to welcoming you back sometime very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights at the Heritage Hotel for business. Rception was welcoming and check in was quick. Dinner the first night was at the hotel restaurant which had great service and food quality with friendly wait staff. The room was on the small side when compared to some other hotels i have stayed in, but was comfortable and woudl definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne D

Dear Wayne D,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team has been able to share our "Heritage" experience with you and we do look forward to welcoming you back sometime very soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have stayed at the heritage several times, and I always love it. I prefer the original side of the hotel, as I was a fan of the old farmers building, and I have fond memories of the place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela W

Dear Angela W,

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed there with friends for the Roger Waters concert. We stayed there before and got a good deal on the internet so it was ok then. But this time we booked one of the luxury suites which has 2 bedrooms and how disappointing. We spend a lot of money and wanted something special, we told our friends about the swimming pool on the roof and that was the main reason to book this hotel again. But after walking with our bathrobes through the first hotel block, to the outside, along the tennis courts then back into the other building, up the elevator and then realize the pool is closed because it has major damage, looked like a building site. The apartment was also disappointing, the second bedroom was tiny and uncomfortable. We complained at the counter and were told that the pool was not advertised on the website anymore. This was a blatant lie, we looked the next day and it was still advertised with photos on their website and no mention about the pool being closed. We asked for some kind of compensation and were told very rudely that there would be none. We then talked to the manager and finally got him to give us a soft drink each. Wow, how generous. We should have sued him for misleading advertising. We then did not want to spoil our stay any further and went to the inside pool (still in our bathrobes). This was dirty and depressing. The spa pool had such dirty water that none of us even wanted to touch it!
When we took our drink vouchers to the restaurant we were told rudely that we can only use them at the bar. We felt like second hand citizens in a so called first class hotel. Nobody even offered to carry our luggage.
Never again! there are much better hotels at better prices and better service in Auckland.

Room Tip: there is no breakfast included
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo N
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Jo N,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your stay in May 2012. It is always very difficult to resolve such issues 12 months after they have occurred. We have invested significant time and energy into our customer service standards and do believe that the majority of our reviewers would confirm this. The Hotel pool has been a complicated issue to resolve but I can confirm that we look forward to this facility opening sometime in August this year