What I love about this hotel is that five (?) floors of inner rooms - and they're really lovely - surround on all 4 sides a square that used to be the old open loading dock of the department store. A skylight has now been put on as a ceiling and the restaurant - Hectors, named after the department store parrot - is on the ground level and can be looked down on from guests' windows. It's so neat to sit in this beautiful restaurant. Its like you're sitting outside in a plaza or piazza with window-ed buildings on all four sides. I'm sorry I can't put into words a proper explanation for you... darn. Hope you can understand me.
Oh, one thing: the Heritage is up a bit of a hill - about three minutes fast-walking, 10-15 mins if you're a slow walker - from Queen Street, the main street of the city. There may be a car shuttle, I never asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art deco; historic landmark refurbished in 1998. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritage Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Heritage Hotel
- Heritage Auckland New Zealand