“Great breakfast and location ”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Melbourne, Australia
“Great breakfast and location ”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

2 girls and 2 adults managed quite well in this hotel. The special on parking, Brekky and internet. The breakfast if phenom for loading up before bug days if touring. Location is great for access to ferries, waterfront and Mission Beach and the motorway.

Stayed December 2013
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Barnsey,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted 'The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and we do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Heritage Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Thai first
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 December 2013

we were allocated a lovely room in the tower block with a balcony and a partial sea view, this certainly made up for the fact that our booking was originally listed as being in the Hotel block which having a Hobson St Address caused us to be "stuck in traffic" for over an hour. Hint- if you are arriving at a peak hour in Auckland book the tower block as the Nelson St address is way more accessible. Lovely staff and the food was great too.

Room Tip: Partial sea view & Balcony - very nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Annie908,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Heritage Auckland is well located in the upper centre of the city a short walk from the main shopping and eating streets. We had a twin room which was actually two interconnected sleeping areas. The beds were soft and ambit noise from within the hotel was slight. (Street noise, however, can be somewhat intrusive.) The staff were courteous and always tried to be helpful although we found some of them had limited knowledge of the immediate surrounding area (the existence of eating places, etc.) I'd go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TheRoadLeast,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I do note your comments good as well as areas we can continue our coaching of team members to ensure that when you next stay we have made a difference and meet all of your needs. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Christchurch
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Traveling frequently to Auckland for business I now always stay at the Heritage. The team there is consistently friendly and efficient. From valet parking to room service the systems are well dialed and the team great to deal with. The rooms are spacious and the beds are amazing. My stays with Heritage Auckland have always been enjoyable and I will continue to go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Lucy158,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with our readers relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are extremely pleased that we have been able to exceed your expectations and do look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland very soon.
Sydney
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed here five times over the years (and they recognised that on my latest visit with a beautiful gift of hand cream from their in-house range). I come back because the rooms are very spacious (I got a deluxe suite with a separate lounge), very reasonably priced and in a fantastic location. The building used to be an old department store with high ceilings and wide corridors. The staff are terrific and I really enjoy the food. Close to excellent restaurants down on the waterfront as well. One niggle though. The wifi caused me endless problems - partly because of my laptop but the service was intermittent. Annoying if you are working. But the rest of it is just excellent. They looked after my Gluten Free requirements - and there's even a Vegan eating area! BRILLIANT BED!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear KiwiDenise,
Thank you for sharing with our readers feedback relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland.
I am on the whole very pleased that we have been able to exceed your expectations on most levels with the exception of our WiFi service. I have our service provider currently testing our building for blind spots to ensure that we can remove this area of concern prior to your next stay with us.
Singapore
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Introduction
Located about 30 - 40 minutes drive from Auckland International airport, Heritage Hotel / Heritage Auckland Hotel in New Zealand looks plain and run-down from the outside. But inside, the spacious, well decorated interior has several well maintained facilities and large rooms. Heritage Hotel actually has 2 wings, the main Hotel wing, and the Tower wing. Furthermore, Heritage Hotel is located right in the heart of the city of Auckland, making it a very accessible and convenient location.

Ambience
Ambience within Heritage Hotel is decent, with well chosen artwork representing the New Zealand culture, as well as pictures of the hotel's history and range. Heritage Hotel has modern contemporary decor and furniture, though the lack of ambient lighting means the overall atmosphere is somewhat darker than it should be. Colour scheme of white and wooden / browns lend a quiet feel.

Room
I stayed in the Deluxe Suite at Heritage Hotel / Heritage Auckland Hotel. The room is extremely spacious, with a small kitchenette and laundry area, both a bathtub and shower, a living room, a working desk, a dining area, and a nice sized bedroom with a partition door. Excellent, Heritage Hotel has one of the better rooms I've stayed in! Comfortable, and the internet connection is decent and reliable, there are sufficient television channels, and all appliances within the room are functional.

Food at Heritage Hotel is mainly from Hectors Restaurant. The buffet spread has a good range, but the variety on a daily basis is about the same. Because New Zealand tends to be promote healthy living, Hectors Restaurant is able to provide for a variety of diets; vegetarian, nut free, lactose free, gluten free, and even the latest raw food movement. Quality of ingredients used is very fresh, and sourced from local farms, which means the taste is excellent.

Service at Heritage Hotel is good. Staff are friendly, welcoming and professional, able to make conversation and connect with people. They are also efficient, able to carry out requests quickly. I also found them to be especially helpful during our business meetings / conferences, staff were attentive and helpful. However, it's not easy to contact them if they aren't physically present in the area, you'll have to phone the front desk reception instead, and they'll take awhile to walk over due to the large floor area of Heritage Hotel.

Facilities & Activities
The facilities at Heritage Hotel are well maintained, and there are several in-house beauty and wellness options, including a salon, spa, gymnasium and tennis court. However, the swimming pool is a little small and narrow, and not too many people can get in at the same time. Heritage Hotel also has excellent conference and meeting rooms, and is a popular venue of choice for corporate meetings. Heritage Hotel is also very convienently located in the city, and is a short walk away from many tourist attractions and entertainment options.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RunningMan83
Dear RunningMan83,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your detailed feedback relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. We continue to work very hard of every day to exceed our guest expectations and I was very pleased that we have continued this with you. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Auckland Westl, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2013

And the staff were excellent, so genuinely nice on the weekend of the 8-10 of November. I booked 6 deluxe rooms to this hotel for two days and had the most loveliest stays with the Berntsen/ Hansen family of Norsewood Dannevirke. I hope they left their email addresses with your hotel and they will write in and give their opinions. Believe me, they had a wonderful time too. My husband and I would love to come back and stay perhaps we will book in for New Year's eve. I will bring my tennis gear this time..Marvellous stay.

Room Tip: Our room had a great view and room for a few couples to fit in at the same time on the 4th floor. On...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rangiwaia,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments relating to your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland for our readers to enjoy. I am incredibly proud of my teams continued focus of delivering "The Heritage Experience" including exceeding your expectations with our highly acclaimed breakfast . We have worked very hard of delivering s strong point of difference for our guest to experience and depart with wonderful memories wanting you to reserve with us again over the New Year. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.