“Excellent location, nice room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
Washougal, Washington
“Excellent location, nice room”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night after a cruise. We were checked into a room before 10:00 AM - a pleasant surprise. The room was much larger than we expected for a hotel of this age. Another pleasnt surprise was the washer/dryer in the room - clean clothes for the next two weeks in NZ. While some of the common areas in the tower section were in need of a bit of updating, everything was clean. We had excellent service getting our considerable luggage to the room and then again when leaving. Every interface we had was positive.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding the hotel and staff - it is appreciated! We are delighted that you enjoyed T.H.E. Heritage Experience and that we achieved your expectations. We look forward to hosting your again in the near future, kind regards Nicole Lawson, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent two nights in this hotel before flying back to Europe and found it a little impersonal.
We started off on a misunderstanding as we drove from the North and did not realise we HAD to use the hotel's valet parking. A man stopped me as we were about to go into the garage. He informed me of this marched me back to reception and told them I had misunderstood their instructions; it all felt a little like boot camp! We were in the tower wing and had booked a King size bed, but they gave us a triple with three singles. I wanted to change, but after all the fuss with the parking, we decided to leave it. The room was clean, but there was a huge cockroach in the kitchen on the first night. I spoke to the receptionist William, who was helpful, and he said the room would be fumigated. He did not suggest a change of rooms. We did not use the sports facilities, but the breakfast on the one morning we ate it was very good. The service was friendly and the quality of the food very good for the price. I am an Expedia VIP Access customer, which basically means you get a room upgrade, or something. The Hotel offered a very limited free broadband service, but again William sorted this out quickly, as the bandwidth was used up within a couple of hours and I had to work. Check out was easy, but I think the cost per night of valet parking was ridiculously high at $35 per night. The hotel did not feel like a personal experience and as it is No 6 on the list of Auckland hotels, I thought it would be a little more special.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which is an essential tool in monitoring our hotel standards and comfort levels. It is our mission to ensure every guest has an enriching experience, please accept my sincere apologies for the areas in which we did not meet your expectations. We look forward to an opportunity to host your again in the near future, kind regards Nicole Lawson, General Manager.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Heritage Hotel for three nights prior to boarding a cruise ship. The hotel arranged for a car to collect us from the airport the driver was there on arrival and very reasonable. The hotel was lovely we paid extra to secure a room with a Harbour View and were delighted to find we also had a balcony. We had a a Deluxe one bedroom apartment on the 12th floor of the Tower. The room was very big and comfortable. Reception will supply a password to get 60 minutes free wifi available in your room for each person. We only had one breakfast in the hotel that was very nice and there was a good variety available. We didn't use either swimming pools or the fitness centre as this was our first visit to Auckland and we wanted to see as much as possible. Our cruise ship embarkation was delayed and the hotel staff were very helpful in extending our check out until 1pm free of charge. We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel especially as this wasn't our first choice. The one we originally booked didn't reply to any e mail so we cancelled and luckily chose The Heritage. The Chief Concierge David Kremaskzy replied quickly to my e mails regarding car collection service giving us several choices. He was also very helpful securing our room choice with Sanna Kenny the Front Reception Manager. We wouldn't hesitate in staying in this hotel in the future or recommending for any travellers to Auckland. The reception staff were very helpful in arranging a tour for us to Hobbiton through New Zealand at ours which was excellent. We did originally think it was expensive but actually having our own car and driver for the day with the tour and lunch it was. Excellent value for money. The hotel us very centre close to the a Tower and not far from the Wharf where the Maritime Museum is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Communicate with the hotel they answer promptly and are very willing to accomodate.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Patrica S,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent feedback relating to your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland. You have been very generous in your praise of my team and specifically team members you have come into contact with. We are very proud 'The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations on every level and I can assure you that we share these post with our team to ensure they are validated for their continual high levels of commitment to be T.H.E. preferred Host offering you T.H.E. most in enriching experience.
We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Whangarei Heads, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 January 2014

What a great hotel! I read many of the negative reviews and could see how important it is to stay in the Tower wing, which is the newer, modern side. I requested a high floor with Harbour views, which is imperative. The lower floor rooms have no views at all, other than the next door building, which is fine if you don't care to look out a window. Also, street noise can be an issue, so a higher floor helps with that. Some people that left reviews liked the atrium rooms, which would be very quiet, but have no views at all. Our executive 1 bedroom suite in the Tower Wing was on the 11th floor with sweeping views of Auckland Harbour. The decor was modern and lovely. The kitchen and bath were nicely appointed with granite bench-tops and were very clean. My friend really enjoyed the large bathtub. The beds were very comfortable. My friend had the queen bed in the bedroom and I slept on a roll-away in the lounge, which I was worried about at first as I have back issue. I slept like a log!! I was amazed at how well I slept. Now about the breakfast......I'm a vegetarian and the raw foods bar at the breakfast buffet was incredible! I loved, loved, loved it! I even took a picture of it and posted it on Facebook! My carnivore friend loved the buffet as well, especially the Eggs Benedict. I would definitely recommend getting the package that includes breakfast, parking and internet, if you need the parking and wifi.

Room Tip: High floor in Tower Wing with Harbour views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ijoymama
Dear ijoymama,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are extremely pleased 'The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations including our popular "Raw Bar" breakfast offer and our focus on healthy eating habits.
We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great location on Hobson Street within easy walk of Queen Street and the viaduct.

The young guy who greeted us was great. He sorted the car and got our bags into reception and then up to the room.The guy on reception who booked us in was a little rude as I wanted to use my debit card rather than my credit card. I fully expected for them to take a bond against use of the mini bar. But he also seemed intent on informing me that they would need to check the room in person when we checked out! perhaps it was my mask, stripy jumper and bag marked "swag" that raised his suspicion?

The room was brilliant and huge for a city centre hotel. There were two queen sized beds with a sliding partition between the two. A pretty full kitchen area too.

The hotel had quite a lot of character with some nice wood flooring and high standard décor.

On check out there was no room inspection and my bond was refunded to my debit card without the need for a full body search!

We did not let the officious receptionist affect out stay too much. Lighten up guy!

Dear Richard L,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland. I understand the message you are trying to convey through this post about our "Cash" guest policy which has been under review and while trying to soften the delivery the intent of the regretfully will not change. It comes down to training my team to ensure we are better at this message delivery. I am very pleased on the whole that you did enjoy your stay with us and we do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Bristol, England
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had 3 nights in this hotel whilst in New Zealand. Good location and walkable to Queen Street, The Viaduct etc. Lovely large quiet room, restaurant looked lovely although we only had the breakfast buffet once when we were there. Nice little rooftop pool.

Dear DaveyJA,
Thank you very much for sharing with our readers the excellent feedback relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are proud that "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and do hope that you have enjoyed the rest of your stay in New Zealand. We would be honored to host you again sometime very soon.
Sollentuna, Sweden
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is the second time we stay here. It is a great hotel in a great location. The in room kitchenette is well equipped. The Sky Tower is a two min walk away and the marina a 10 min walk away. The rooms as such are spacious. The roof swimming pool is a great bonus.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the old wing, a bit cosier
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LG4KL
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear LG4KL,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the fantastic feedback relating to your recent stay with us at Heritage Auckland. As a senior contributor my team are extremely proud that "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations in every way. We were honored to serve you again and would look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.