“Retaining the 'Heritage'...”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Heritage Auckland
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Situated in a great central location with polite and friendly staff. However, when we asked if we had a room with a view and were kindly told yes - we didn't realise it would be a view of a car park! Spacious room, ok outdoor space although strange locking mechanism, comfy bed, good facilities although we've never seen a hob/grill-oven/dishwasher combination before, the bathroom was very dated and in need of renovation and the check out time of 10am was way too early. Would not return...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuffs_nz
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear stuffs_nz,

I’m glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you found our team to be polite and friendly. It was also good to read that you found your room to be spacious; I’m sorry the view wasn’t as expected, it can be a little hard, being centrally located, to offer all rooms with views. I’m not sure which you were in, so at this stage I am unable to follow up about what happened with your request. I’m a little confused over the strange locking mechanism, we offer an electronic RFID secure door locking system – this is fairly standard through most hotels. I was sorry to read at the end of your feedback that you wouldn’t stay again; I do hope you might change your mind and try Heritage Auckland again on your next visit.

T.H.E General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I haven't stayed here for over 10 years and was pleased that the hotel maintains its heritage but with sufficient modern amenities and regular refurbishment. Room, a deluxe suite one up from standard, was comfortable and spacious with separate lounge. High ceilings add character. Our windows faced the atrium and overlooked the restaurant area but there were no noise issues. In fact during the entire overnight stay we heard little noise from the corridors or surrounding or above rooms. Rooms have kitchenette with basics if wanting to cook and the added bonus of internal laundry if clothes washing required. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Emanpee

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for choosing Heritage Auckland again after 10 years, we are pleased that you decided to stay with us again. It’s nice to read that you recognised the refurbishment work carried out since your last stay with us, and that you found the hotel to be quiet and relaxing. Our rooms do have a high level of modern facilities as you’ve noted, with kitchenettes and washer/dryers in every room. We hope to be able to host you again, hopefully a little sooner than another 10 years.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been staying at the Heritage Auckland for some 13 plus years and it is my first and obvious choice when booking accommodation in the Auckland CBD. Well appointed, spacious, clean with the most polite and helpful hotel staff - for me it is a home away from home that I use for both business and pleasure (family) accommodation.

Everything you need and close to downtown, Skycity, Viaduct and must not forget work :) - always a pleasure

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Colin L,

It was a joy reading your feedback, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Heritage Auckland over the past 13 years. We look forward to hosting you as you return, both for work and leisure with your family, for many more years to come. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

After a long flight from London, we just wanted a central hotel that was nice and central. This hotel fit the bill and the rooftop spa was good for a bit of chill time.

The room was a touch dated, breakfast seemed pricey for what it was and the wifi really should be free but I would stay here again. Hotel - you need to put up signs to the rooftop, it was a maze from the 8th floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Horse2099,

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on TripAdvisor. It was great to read that Heritage Auckland met your need for a centrally located hotel, which was also able to give you a bit of chill time. We do have an extensive buffet breakfast offering; however we also have an a la carte option available, which allows ordering to suit any budget. I understand your comment about Wi-Fi, we do offer complimentary access for an hour or 100mb, in the hotel lobby area. I am pleased to report that we are about to update signage, as you’ve commented on in your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I always stay Heritage Hotel whenever I visit Auckland when its available.

Rooms nicely appointed and very clean. Housekeeping is always excellent with my every visit! The best thing is the bed...It's very comfortable and crisp linen will promise you a good night sleep.

Hotel facility is excellent. Indoor swimming pool, gym, roof top swimming pool and spa pool are great to use. You never get bored in this hotel.

Breakfast is Very impressive!!! So many things to choose from raw breakfast consisting of variety of salad and nuts to cooked rice and miso soup with tofu! Coffee tastes great too.

Would love to go back whenever I go to Auckland. 100 over 100 points for me!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ChloeLee69,

Thank you for always choosing to stay at Heritage Auckland. It’s pleasing to read that you enjoy the hotel and the facilities we offer. Breakfast is a treat and the RAW Bar is proving to be a very popular part of our breakfast offering. We look forward to being able to welcome you back the next time you visit Auckland.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel is clean and well appointed, rooms are big and airy with all a traveler needs.
Breakfast had plenty of choice and staff were helpfull.
I would certainly stay again close to the action, clean and quiet

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear irslas,

Thank you for your positive comments from your stay in April. It was pleasing to read that you would stay at Heritage Auckland again. We hope to be able to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights - the first when we arrived at 5.30 a.m. and had booked a single room - we got a room on the upper floors of the main hotel ( I didn't know that there was a main and an annex) and that room was lovely, large, clean nice balcony good view of the viaduct etc. Later that day we moved to a suite that we had booked (2 couples travelling together) the suite was large 2 nice bedrooms - king beds - a reasonable ensuite though the second bedroom used the bathroom attached to suite (so not an ensuite). The main area was also spacious but rather dowdy furnishings. There was a nice balcony lots of windows but as the suite was only on the 7th floor - the view was limited and the windows were dirty. What we really hated (all four of us) was that one had to walk 10 minutes from the annex where the suite was located - to the main lobby, the gift shop, the dinning rooms - or almost anywhere else. The staff, particularly in the dining room was quite attentive, the food was average thou I would say this hotel had the best selection of buffet food including fresh fruit, some cheeses, and smoked salmon and deli meats - in addition to the usual breads and breakfast pastries. Finally I thought the location though close to the downtown viaduct etc left something to be desired, on walking out of one of the hotel doors I noticed that the next door establishment was a massage parlour. I wasn't impressed. Also I could not help but feel that the street was rather seedy - I would not have and we did not every walk home at night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear popsicleCalgary,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as it is always good to hear from our Top Contributors. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the restaurant staff and our breakfast area as we are always striving to create the perfect dining experience.

With regards to the walk between the "annex" and hotel lobby I believe this to be a 2 minute walk via the tennis courts and I have spoken to my Maintenance Manager about our next scheduled window cleaning service which I can confirm is very soon. Unfortunately we cannot control who operates near the hotel but assure you this is a safe part of the city.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you have a safe trip back to Calgary.

Kind regards,