The Heritage has a great central location and a fascinating history as one of New Zealand's first department stores. The building retains much of this old charm even using some of the old wooden beams in the dining area. The original wooden floors are beautifully polished though they are rather noisy. The deluxe rooms are more like apartments with full cooking facilities and separate lounge and bedroom. The decor is subdued and not typical of modern flashy hotels. The outlook from our room was over the viaduct basin and Harbour which was very pleasant. The only fault was in the shower design which let water flow onto the floor due to a poor seal in the shower door. All the staff are very pleasant and helpful. A very good hotel at a moderate price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art deco; historic landmark refurbished in 1998. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Heritage Hotel
- Heritage Auckland New Zealand