“Seen better days”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Heritage Auckland
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I had a four night stay at The Heritage in Auckland. All in all I was rather dispapointed in this Hotel,we stayed in one of the so called deluxe suites.

They describe the furniture and fittings as antique but are basicallly just old. The pool was also "antique" and didn't appear to be clean.

The biggest disapointment was the breakfast,hard to get a smile out of any of the staff let alone a coffee. One morning there was a long line up for a table that we ended up just leaving even though our breakfast was included in the price and went up the road.

Location,however was rather good,but all in all I would say that you can do much better for the price.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2travel019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed 24 November 2009

Originally we were in the Old wing - but were upgraded to the New Wing - with great views down toward the harbour... definitely request a room with views.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We booked in a deluxe suite in the old section of the hotel for three days. We had to ask over two days for the promised dressing gowns as the airconditioning wasn't working properly and the room was freezing. Although this is an old hotel, the room needs updating as the lighting was poor. Other heritage hotels in which we stayed in NZ were far superior to this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evangelia_9
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and tidy. However for the price of the rooms I would have expected things such as "real milk in the fridge, not uht and better bathroom facilities. Showering was certainly not a pleasant experience, the amount of water coming out of the heads was not adequate and it was not easy to regulate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My girlfirend and I stayed her for three nights in August, checking in after a late flight into Auckland. The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff helpful, and in a great location (a two minute walk from the Auckland Sky Tower). The only downside to the stay was when some money went missing from one of our bags when we left them with the concierge at checkout. The security manager at the hotel did take it seriously when I reported it to him, but unltimately we had no way of proving that the money was in the bag so we had to write it off to experience. We didn't eat in the hotel itself, but there is a pub next door (The Muddy Farmer) that served good pub food at reasonable prices in a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I am actually still staying at this hotel and felt compelled to write a review. Every time I keep thinking that actually this place is quite nice, something happens that sets my opinion back a bit. The latest is that all the bottles in the mini bat require a bottle opener but no bottle opener has been provided. I called half an hour ago to ask for one and was told there were none left. When I explained the irony of having overpriced drinks in my mini bar, one of which I was keen to consume despite the offensively inflated prices but no bottle opener to open it with, I was told they would see what they can do. SOmeone has just knocked on my door and presented me with an enormous can opener that has a small bottle opener on the side of it. Surely it would have been easier to go into a room where no one is currently staying and give me their bottle opener?? Perhaps not.

My other whinges are that the sound on the TV did not work when I arrived (although this was fixed the next day for me) and the internet access is offensively expensive with a limit of 100MB in exchange for about £13 for 24 hours. I have exceeded the 100MB and am paying $0.10 per MB - having used 250MB in total this gives me a bill of about £20 oer 24 hours.....

Anyway the hotel is very clean as is my room. It is certainly not luxurious but is better in standard than average. The bar in the lobby is expensive and lacking in any atmosphere what so ever but the location is great - a 2 minute walk to the waterfront where there are a huge amount of good bars and restaurants to choose from.

It's certainly not a bad hotel, just has a few 'quirky' features.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We came to Auckland for the French and Saunders show. I booked a two bedroom suite in the Tower wing via the Heritage website direct. They were having a 'madness sale' which meant I got the room at an incredible rate - far less than it's cost me to stay in poky little rooms at other top end CBD hotels.
The service was excellent, we had no trouble checking in. Our room was spotless, I'd pre-ordered a cheese platter and bottle of wine and these were waiting on the dining table along with a welcome letter.
The beds were very comfortable, loved that we each had a tv in our bedrooms with SkyTV so we could watch the rugby.
Breakfast buffet at the restaurant was gorgeous, especially the Eggs Benedict.
Bathroom amenities in our suite were excellent, nice little extras like the Manuka and Green Tea Bath Infusion etc.
Overall I would say our weekend at the Heritage, room 403, was outstanding and we would book again next time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends