This hotel is a good solid choice at reasonable value. Whilst a bit dated from the outside the rooms have all the usual modern conveniences and there is an excellent pool, gym and day spa area.
Service is a standout here. Whilst knowledgeable and professional, there seemed to be a genuine welcoming spirit. This was actually true of the experience in Auckland generally and visitors will be well rewarded for going off the beaten track a bit and striking up a conversation.
The hotel does have a few annoying quirks like a sporadically functioning lift and door keycard system and the rooms are not great on soundproofing from adjacent rooms. That being said the location is actually very quiet, just opposite a university precinct and park. It is well out of the 'party area' but still only a few minutes walk to the CBD, art gallery, wharf and other tourist attractions. Be warned there is a short but very steep walk up a hill to get back so this location may not suit everyone.
Overall, has the benefits of many larger hotels but still gives a feeling of personal service and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand