“Best Hotel EVER!”

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We really enjoyed this Hotel - the staff were courteous, friendly and professional. It was a very up market hotel, but you didn't have to look the part to be welcomed. The concierges were very attentive and the service was prompt and always above expectation. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends. The facilities are great also with a pool, gym and sauna right on the premises.

Valet parking is offered at an extra charge but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: If possible request rooms on the higher levels as this ensures a good view of Auckland city and harb...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 November 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Have only just found out that the one bedroom residences are not elegible for access to the Club Lounge unless you pay $40 per person extra!! This change was made in July 2012. On the other hand this hotel has free wi-fi.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Upon checking in, we were offered an upgrade for $40 US dollars per night more (it's normally $125 per night). The desk clerk took us to both rooms so we could view them before deciding and there was no pressure at all. Since we were staying here for four nights (part of a tour package), I'm so glad we did. We had a "living room" and a separate bedroom/bathroom - more like a one bedroom suite. We were able to have our "happy hour" in our living room each evening and even invited our four new friends with plenty of room for everyone to sit. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable but they do need to put in new carpeting. It was pretty worn. Housekeeping was a bit forgetful - but it was little things like no facecloths. They supply plush white terrycloth robes and slippers (for two) to use during your stay. The doorman were very helpful, made a phone call to ensure our bus driver was on his way to take us to the airport (without me even asking). What I like most about this hotel is the location. We could walk everywhere. And if you can't walk the hills, there is a bus stop just on the other side of the street from the hotel to take you anywhere in town.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can afford it - it's so much more comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Sherry F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property. I am glad you chose to upgrade to a suite as the extra space really does make such a difference to your hotel experience, (especially for impromptu “happy hours” held in room).

I hope you were also able to enjoy our other facilities like our luxury health club and spa during your stay. If not, you will have to add that to the “to do list” for your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Rob McIntyre
Pullman Auckland

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I just checked out at the pulman yesterday early morning and very upset that I have been charged for the slow Internet, which they said was "free". When I checked in, a friend warned me that she has been charged for the free internet, so I made sure I did not choose the wrong option for the paid Internet. I chose the one that clearly stated that it was free and gonna be slow. When I used it, its very very slow as it said. Then when I checked out, the receptionist charged me 10 nzd for the internet and did not listen to me when I explained. I was not the only one. Some of my friends were also charged for that "free internet".
I am very upset with this!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business