“A Tired Hotel with Poor Management & Staff Service”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was my first stay at the Pullman and certainly my last. The claimed 5 stars is a over exaggeration. The rooms are old and although you get a flat screen television a decent bed and bed linen my room had badly stained threadbare carpet. I also had a broken light that was not fixed in my five day stay and on one day housekeeping decided my bathroom did not need cleaning so left my bathroom with towels on floor etc. Not at all what I call 5 star. Raising these issues with the duty manager proved a waste of time as he told me housekeeping were rushed due to a need to attend training? I suggest they and he need more training. My final point is in regard to wifi. The package I bought from Accor Advantage Plus included high speed wifi when I got to the hotel I found I had to pay $10 for a medium speed service. The hotel told me the free wifi that took over 2 minutes to render a simple web page was my included 'high speed wifi'. This is simply misleading so beware. Auckland has some great hotels try them not this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank David H
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear David H,

Thank you for your review and for staying at our property.

I know we have already touched based on your concerns offline and I thank you for your patience in our response.

I wish you all the best in 2013.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I attended a wedding her and also stayed the night. ALL the staff were very efficient and courteous. Our room was very comfortable with a good outlook. The food was to die for. Easy to find and valet parking made it so much better. I would definitely recommend a stay h

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Dave C,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our property. The wedding, I am sure, helped to make your stay an enjoyable one as our catering team does a fantastic delivery and presentation job in this area.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

as the name suggests.. it did match all our expectations, the staff also was very helpful and friendly the room was just purfect :) and you must try out the food at the reestaurant aswell, it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear shivaniaman,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable Pullman experience whilst at our hotel.

We look forward to welcome back to our hotel on your next trip to Auckland, which I am guessing will most likely be post your amazing ski season.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The staff here are amazing. - professionl, positive, personal, proactive, Hotel rooms are large clean, all facilities. Executive rooms and club access are worth the small additional cost.great beds with huge range of pillows.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear RossandJan,

We are so appreciative of your review and all the positive comments on our staff, rooms and facilities. It is great that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope your next stay with us is not too far away!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

it is my 5th stay and i never reviewed the hotel. I was always satisfied about the hotel,it is not in the city center but very nearby and easy to get to the highway.
Nice gym and spa.
At close range you have a lot of restaurants and bar, try the Merlot or the Occidental belgian beer cafe I had a luxurious superior room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear pinultima,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad that on every visit you are always satisfied with our hotel. Thank you also for your kind words on our location, gym and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your 6th stay soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here last weekend for 3 nights with 2 couples. Check in was ok but the rooms weren't ready yet so we had a drink in the bar. By 2pm the rooms were still not ready so we decided to go for a walk in the city. When we got back at 5pm the rooms were ready so we went up and advised that our luggage would be delivered to our room. After a wait there still was no luggage so we decided to head out for dinner. After dinner there still was no luggage so we decided to go get it ourselves and take it up tot the room ourselves. We had a king executive suite which was roomy but our friends were in a standard king room which we thought was rather small. Decor of the hotel is quite dated but overall comfortable.

One thing we did not like was that the Executive Lounge was cleared of food and drink at 8:30pm whilst it should be 9pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Emil C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our property. Thank you also for your patience whilst we were getting your room ready for you. Please accept my humblest apologies for the problems you encountered with the delivery of your luggage. This is not of the 5 star service we strive for and as a result of your review I have personally addressed my disappoint with the team.

For your future stays the Executive Lounge serves complimentary evening drinks and canapés from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel to stay with.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Located nest to the university and on the eastern side of the CBD, the Pullman is easy to get to and far enough away from noisy traffic to provide a tranquil resting place' We stayed in a luxurious superior room in the new building which was beautifully quiet. No noise from slamming doors, traffic, guests in the halls at midnight. We thought we were alone but staff assured us the building was nearly full.
The hotel is well served by a large, indoor/outdoor pool, trendy lounge bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay in the new building, it's far superior to the old building which is better known to locals...