I got this as a mystery deal through Wotif and was quite pleased to be staying there. The hotel is quite dated on the outside but has been refurbished internally. We were greeted in quite a lack lustre fashion by the reception staff and the service didn't really improve. The rooms are fairly standard, executive rooms. Bathrooms were nothing special and the free wifi in the rooms was appalling. I had to pay for wifi to get a half decent connection. Our room overlooked a concrete roof and air conditioning vents at the back of the hotel although I didn't expect much more given the mystery deal. I did, however, expect to be able to sleep. Instead thumping bass music kept me awake until well after midnight. Every time I put my head on the pillow it reverberated up from the floors below through the bed and the pillow. I finally rang reception at 11.30 to be told "there's a school formal in the ballroom, they're a bit loud aren't they. Never mind they'll be finished up soon..." Not the response that I wanted. I had the buffet breakfast in their restaurant and it was okay. Nothing super special but plenty of choice and it was fresh. I paid the $35 to valet park my hire car and asked that it be available for me at 8.00am the next morning as I had a business meeting to get to. It wasn't ready when I went down and I had to wait 20 minutes for them to get it and bring it around. Based on the noise issues and very average service I will say that there are other 5 star options available in Auckland and I'll be looking to them next time I'm in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand