“Service”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is in a very good location, close to the university and Queen St. There are many dining options nearby for all types of budgets. The room was extremely clean and I loved the way it was decorated, my room had a really nice view of the city and the harbor.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful, I needed to print out some documents for my next leg of the trip and they did it for me right away.
The only thing I didn’t like that much was the internet service, it was a little slow, especially the first time I used it. Also, I do not know if the rating system for hotels in New Zealand is different but I would not consider this a five star hotel, I would say it’s a nice four star. Another thing that needs improving is some sections of the carpet in the corridors, some of them are in urgent need of deep cleaning/replacement.
This hotel is very conveniently located if you ride the airport bus, it’s a short walk from the stops on Queen Street. There are also many options to explore night life nearby, from very nice pubs no more than 5 minutes away to interesting bars on Karangahape road. The city museum is very close too, and it’s free! There is also a decent size supermarket nearby.
I had a very good stay there and I would definitely go back and recommend this place. I think it offers outstanding value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Fabrizio80
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Fabrizio80,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Your description of our hotel including mentions on our good location, clean rooms, nice views and helpful staff is truly appreciated.

With regards to our internet service, I am pleased to tell you we have just invested in upgrading our internet offering to ensure full coverage for all devices which will provide a faster delivery of data for our complimentary Wi-Fi users. If that still does not satisfy your internet requirements, we still have the option of high speed internet for only $10 for those high power users that require a higher speed, across multiple devices.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was originally going to give a lower rating however I will explain why this improved.

The superior king bed room I was given had two king zip beds zipped together and they used two separate covering under the sheets so you can feel the gap between the two beds. The complimentary wifi was okay however the coverage is sketchy. I found the best coverage in the room in the bathroom which was closest to hallway and worst was near window. Some furnishings were showing their age. The lift had security to insert card for floors but wasn't activated.

The room itself was of a good size and the bathroom had a shower over tub. Location of the hotel was good and within walking distance of Auckland Central and a bit further from the Viaduct.

I tried room service for dinner and food was very good and was delivered quickly.

My impression of hotel improved after visiting the gym and pool. It had a well equipped gym with the latest equipment. The pool was large and there was a spa, sauna, and steam room. There was also a spa treatment area I didn't try.

The thing that ultimately left me giving the Pullman a 5 instead of 4 or even possibly a 3 were their staff. They improved my stay as it went along. Rose was lovely when I checked-in. She was apologetic when it took a while to change my room away from lift as I was staying for a few nights. Katherine helped extend my check-out (she even double checked for me to make sure I could check out at 4pm as I was silver) and made sure I was getting newspapers as I wasn't receiving. Valentina was lovely and made sure she vacated my room quickly after I returned when was cleaning my room. Polly was helpful with fixing the blocked plug in my sink and had a lovely attitude. Chris was great with fixing up problem with key card. Jonah was very nice at check-out and also apologised profusely when I used vouchers and took a while to process.

Overall, the problems I may have had at the start can be fixed with upgrade of wifi provider and soft refurbishment of rooms. Their strength is their staff and should be commended on their friendliness and willingness to assist. Although not as polished as The Langham, I still enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank rc33
Dear rc33,

Thank you for your high rating of our hotel. It appears my team made quite an impression on you! I am glad that they were able to make your experience such an enjoyable one.

I am pleased to say that since your stay we have upgraded our internet in the hotel to address our coverage issues. I hope, during your next stay, you will be able to experience this improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed at the Pullman Hotel and was amazed how accommodating the staff were from assisting my luggage and also helping myself with my conference material as well. I was super impressed. The only problem was an issue with my room however the staff immediately resolved and was continually ensuring that I was well taken care off.. I cant stress how amazing the hotel was with their customer service and standards which made me leave thinking this hotel is impeccable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is needing to use conference facilitates, attending concerts at vector or a night away..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Anna-Lee H,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you felt so well taken care of and that we were able to collectively impress you.

We are so appreciative of all your positive comments and feel very humbled that you would recommend our hotel to your peers – Thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.